Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 28 of 76 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2280049 - 08/09/07 02:52 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
Originally Posted By: Top Gun
I don't understand why the Sox got Gagne when they could have used Dye much more. Wilie Mo clears waivers and still no one wants him. What a total waist along with JD Drew...

Could have used Dye's bad the other night, and I think Kason Gabard (sp?) would have been more helpful than Wakefield down the road....

Gagne will probably help them in 8th inning down the stretch more than Timlin/Tavarez/MDC/Lopez and there is the danger of overuse with Okajima and a stretch fade for Papelbon so I think it was a good move. But I think Gabbard may have been more effective as a #5 starter down the stretch than Lester--I wish they could have dumped Craig Hansen for Gagne instead of Gabbard, but that was the price. Wakefield is what he is unfortunately. But I worry the most about Schilling. I'm not sure there's anything left there at the MLB level. Gabbard covered Schilling's spot in the rotation quite well.

Dye would have been cool, but I don't think he wanted to go and the price seemed too high. Wily Mo Strike Out has been an utter disappointment, perhaps connected to lack of playing time, but I don't think he'll ever get it together. And JD Drew is maddening. However, whenever I think the guy is nothing short of useless he seems to put a decent game together like last night. We're stuck with the offense but maybe Bobby Kielty or Jacoby Ellsbury will provide a spark for the lack of offense coming out of right field.

It's going to be tight from here on out most likely.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2280147 - 08/09/07 04:32 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: PHilA
It's going to be tight from here on out most likely.

Indeed it will be. I say bring it on!!

Top Bookmark and Share

#2281345 - 08/10/07 07:11 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
531 Ghost Offline

Loc: MCAS Camp Pendleton
And there go the Dodgers... \:\(

Top Bookmark and Share
#2290970 - 08/21/07 04:40 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Huh, so much for Gagne helping out the Red Sox bullpen.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2291032 - 08/21/07 05:59 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
He's cost them three games...but he pitched okay on Sunday.

Wakefield now has 15 wins. And the Angels' Budde is my buddy! Red Sox need to fatten up on Tampa Bay and Chicago if they expect to hold on to the division.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2291082 - 08/21/07 06:51 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

I watched part of the Yankees Angels game last night and while I'm happy to say that the Yankees lost, it was such a treat to watch A-Rod play. That guy is simply a god of hitting.

Edited by PanzerMeyer (08/21/07 06:52 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2291135 - 08/21/07 07:47 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
adlabs6 Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Gagne tripping up? I've not been keeping up with him since the trade.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2291611 - 08/22/07 07:03 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: adlabs6]
LukeFF Offline

Loc: Riverside, California, USA
Garret Anderson with 10 RBIs tonight against the Yanks! That'll shut up all of their fans that seem to travel from stadium to stadium like a plague. ;\)

-James 1:19-20

Top Bookmark and Share
#2291612 - 08/22/07 07:05 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: 531 Ghost]
LukeFF Offline

Loc: Riverside, California, USA
Originally Posted By: 531 Ghost
And there go the Dodgers... \:\(

Yep, I think their season is done. Arizona and San Diego would have to play absolutely horribly the last month-and-a-half for L.A. to catch up, and I just don't see that happening.

-James 1:19-20

Top Bookmark and Share
#2291686 - 08/22/07 11:18 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: LukeFF]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
Gagne (or should he be called GAG-ME?) is a complete disaster. He simply can not be brought out of the bullpen with the game on the line. I wouldn't bring him in unless there's a 4-run cushion, minimum. He's friggin horrible. He can'T throw his off-speed stuff for strikes so he just ends up throwing nothing but fastballs and eventually he throws one 400 feet in the opposite direction.

Anyway, the lead is back to 6 games. A little more breathing room. But that 3-game series in the Bronx is looming large!

Edited by Leeman (08/23/07 01:53 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 28 of 76 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.