Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 39 of 76 < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2338872 - 09/16/07 12:27 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Razorback

and not a bandwagon fan like 107% of the rest of the people on this board who call themselves Red Sox fans.

Wow, amazing the kind of crud that you pull out of a$$ from time to time.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2338979 - 09/16/07 04:42 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
Originally Posted By: Top Gun

funny, we don't see you post in here while the Yanks were 14 games out. Now that things get interesting you come back.

Glad to see they got shelled today, tomorrow night should be a great game. Schilling vs Clemens.

Yawn... bandwagon fans are so cute.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share

#2338980 - 09/16/07 04:43 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

and not a bandwagon fan like 107% of the rest of the people on this board who call themselves Red Sox fans.

Bandwagon fans are so cute.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339120 - 09/16/07 02:18 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Bandwagon fans are so cute.

Originally Posted By: Top Gun

funny, we don't see you post in here while the Yanks were 14 games out. Now that things get interesting you come back.

Glad to see they got shelled today, tomorrow night should be a great game. Schilling vs Clemens.

Yawn... bandwagon fans are so cute.

you can only come up with the same response to 2 different replies..... Seeing I lived here my entire life please explain to me how I'm a bandwagon fan

I liked it better when you didn't post, I'm sure you'll be gone was your Yanks are gone as well.
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339125 - 09/16/07 02:27 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

What other response is necessary for bandwagon fans? No real sports fan has any respect for bandwagon fans. You guys are just funny... pretending to have been Red Sox fans long before 2004.

I met Bill Parcells a couple of times, and the first time I met him was with my boss. My boss was a Cowboys fan and when he told Parcells, the Tuna looked at him... cringed... and said "Why the hell are you a Cowboys fan? Dallas somehow transplant itself in New Jersey? You ever been there? Or are you one of those bandwagon fans who watched them on TV?"

When my boss told him about falling in love with them in the 70s, Tuna said "The only reason you should root for a team not from your area is if you lived there once or you have money invested in them." My boss then thought he had a big jab in his hand and said "I guess that is why the Patriots didn't make the playoffs this year, your heart is not in it" (Tuna was in his first year coaching them) to which Bill said "Maybe you should stick to rooting for a team 2,000 miles away from where you live instead of trying to figure out what I am saying." \:\)

In other words... you are bandwagon fans. And Bill Parcells thinks so too.

And you guys are right... I stayed too long out of this thread. I forget how much fun it is to take shots at Red Sox fans. I AM BACK, BABY! \:\) You guys had better win the World Series this year.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339172 - 09/16/07 03:49 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Thanks for showing me Razorback that trying to have a conversation with you about baseball is a complete waste of time.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339176 - 09/16/07 03:54 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Any conversation with a bandwagon Red Sox fan is a waste of time. You wouldn't know anything about baseball anyway. Most Red Sox fans started watching baseball in 2004.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2339186 - 09/16/07 04:08 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Any conversation with a bandwagon Red Sox fan is a waste of time. You wouldn't know anything about baseball anyway. Most Red Sox fans started watching baseball in 2004.

And I guess you base that assumption on the fact that you've known me since I was a small kid growing up in the 70's when I first watched Carl Yastrzemski play and becoming a Red Sox fan at that time?

I dont dispute that a lot of the CURRENT Red Sox fans only became fans after 2004 but your assumptions about me are simply unfounded and ridiculous, just like the claim you made about the US defeating Russia in 2 days.

Edited by PanzerMeyer (09/16/07 10:09 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339422 - 09/16/07 10:05 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
PM, it's not worth the time dealing with him. If SIMHQ ever had a "ignore button" like Frugals has, he would be at the top of my list. He's just a button pusher and that's all he's here for....
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339480 - 09/16/07 11:17 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
LeemzHQ Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
To insinuate that all non-resident Sox fans are "bandwagon" fans is ridiculous. Many non-resident Sox fans are simply re-located fans.

The Sox draw more fans on the road than any other team in baseball, including the Yankees, though the Yanks are 2nd in road attendance.

But, lets get real, there are a LOT more Yankee fans in New England than there are Sox fans in NY so no Yankee fan should be talking about "bandwagoning" like it's somehow exclusive of Sox fans. The only team that can boast about having as many bandwagon fans as the Sox have is the Yankees, thanks to their Championship runs in the 70's.

If it's one thing I've learned growing up in New England, there is NO Yankee fan on the planet that is worse than a NEW ENGLAND Yankee fan. They're the most obnoxious of all. You talk about bandwagon fans? New England is FULL of them and they root for the Yankees. Most Yankee fans I've met that are from NY are good fans. It's the out-of-region Yankee fans that really suck.

Personally, I don't care where you're from, root for whatever team you want. But, if you latch onto a team because they're fresh off a Championship then, well, you're a bandwagon fan. I only follow the Sox in baseball but in football I follow the Patriots (since '72) and the Cowboys (since '70). I started following the Cowboys for one reason only, I liked their uniforms. I knew nothing of their history at the time (I was 12) Once I started following them I learned of their crushing Championship losses to the Packers (twice) and the Browns. Then I watched them lose SB V in heartbreaking fashion. Then I started following the Patriots when they drafted Jim Plunkett. I've been loyal to both teams ever since. My worst day of the year as a fan is on the rare occasions when the Pats and Cowboys play each other.

Edited by LeemzHQ (09/16/07 11:21 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 39 of 76 < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.