Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Return to cockpit view (F1) turns off autopilot???
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2285362 - 08/15/07 03:27 PM Return to cockpit view (F1) turns off autopilot???
malibu43 Offline

Hi all,

I had IL-2 and PF (separate install) previously and did not have this problem. However, I recently got 1946, upgraded to 4.08, EnjoyR, etc... and now when ever I use an external view with the autopilot on, and then hit F1 to return to the cockpit, the autopilot is shut off when I return to the cockpit view. I have never seen this happen before. Any idea why?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2285381 - 08/15/07 03:44 PM Re: Return to cockpit view (F1) turns off autopilot??? [Re: malibu43]
FlatSpinMan Offline

Loc: Land of the Rising Sun
That's all correct. F1 returns you to being in control of the plae. It's always been that way for me I think.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2285382 - 08/15/07 03:49 PM Re: Return to cockpit view (F1) turns off autopilot??? [Re: FlatSpinMan]
kutya Offline

It was that way before too. You can get used to it. Simply always press 'A' after 'F1'. I don't like it, but I got used to it.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2285466 - 08/15/07 05:14 PM Re: Return to cockpit view (F1) turns off autopilot??? [Re: malibu43]
NealG Offline

Loc: Tracy, Ca USA
Hi. It's been a while, but, there is a way to fix that, if i can remember it exactly. it's pretty simple, actually.....hmmmmm....thinking.....mokay, I think this was it:

There are 2 Autopilot keys. One is for Autopilot, one is for Toggle Level Autopilot. You will need to assign a key to the Level AP ( I use Ctrl+A ). When you switch to external view after putting autopilot on, hit the Level Autopilot key you assigned....you should see a message, can't recall what it is. After this, when you return to cockpit view, Autopilot should still be active, and should function in both views. Note: You should only need to do this one time....after that, unless you turn Level Autopilot on again, it should 'stick'.

I hope that's the procedure sequence....but, the Toggle Level Autopilot is the key thing there. Default, I think, is to have it 'on'....this causes the issue you describe. Hope that helps.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2287027 - 08/17/07 03:37 PM Re: Return to cockpit view (F1) turns off autopilot??? [Re: NealG]
malibu43 Offline

Originally Posted By: NealG
Hi. It's been a while, but, there is a way to fix that, if i can remember it exactly. it's pretty simple, actually.....hmmmmm....thinking.....mokay, I think this was it:

There are 2 Autopilot keys. One is for Autopilot, one is for Toggle Level Autopilot. You will need to assign a key to the Level AP ( I use Ctrl+A ). When you switch to external view after putting autopilot on, hit the Level Autopilot key you assigned....you should see a message, can't recall what it is. After this, when you return to cockpit view, Autopilot should still be active, and should function in both views. Note: You should only need to do this one time....after that, unless you turn Level Autopilot on again, it should 'stick'.

I hope that's the procedure sequence....but, the Toggle Level Autopilot is the key thing there. Default, I think, is to have it 'on'....this causes the issue you describe. Hope that helps.

Yep, that fixed it! Thanks!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2287281 - 08/17/07 07:57 PM Re: Return to cockpit view (F1) turns off autopilot??? [Re: malibu43]
DoolittleRaider Offline

Thanks NealG. The perfect solution.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.