Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Help please game 1946 leaving all at once
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2284724 - 08/14/07 09:39 PM Help please game 1946 leaving all at once
Azdack Offline

Hello all

I need some help. I play a mission off line and suddenly 1946 closing and I have my desk on the screen?? It happens after about 20/25 playing time. It looks to be as if I click on the windows button of my keyboard. It's the first time I have this probem after monthes without any problem.
Can anybody help please?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2284734 - 08/14/07 09:49 PM Re: Help please game 1946 leaving all at once [Re: Azdack]
II/JG11_Rudorffer Offline

Loc: Texas
Holding the ALT & TAB keys may bring it back if 1946 is still running, otherwise don't hit the Windows key when playing the game.

Also, Holding down ALT & pressing the TAB key will cycle thru all open programs, do that untill 1946 is found then release the keys.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2284824 - 08/15/07 12:19 AM Re: Help please game 1946 leaving all at once [Re: II/JG11_Rudorffer]
Leadspitter Offline

Loc: NY

Top Bookmark and Share
#2284868 - 08/15/07 01:05 AM Re: Help please game 1946 leaving all at once [Re: Leadspitter]
Dart Offline
Aviation & Air Combat Co-Editor

Loc: Morrow, GA USA
Zone Alarm?

For some reason, Zone Alarm was causing various proggies (mostly games and sims) to go to the task bar randomly on my system.

Solution: disable Zone Alarm when flying a simulation offline.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#2284878 - 08/15/07 01:14 AM Re: Help please game 1946 leaving all at once [Re: Leadspitter]
FltLt HardBall Offline

Loc: Kiwi abroad... Seoul, South Ko...
I just levered the bugger off with a screwdriver; end of problem. I deep-sixed the caplock key, too. I've never missed the damn things, either. I still have a Windows key on the right-hand side.

In my case it's especially annoying because if I hit the windows key in IL-2 I lose my force-feedback and I have to re-start the game.

Here's a good tip I discovered, though: If you accidentally hit the windows key and you realise before you let it go, simply press and hold another less critical key, then rlease the Windows key; disaster averted!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2285592 - 08/15/07 07:26 PM Re: Help please game 1946 leaving all at once [Re: FltLt HardBall]
Azdack Offline

Thanks for your answers.
It looks like I could resolve the problem cause I just playes two coop missions without a coming back on my desk.
Those 1946 stoppings can happen for various reasons but this time I think it is due to Outlook 2007 cause there is a kind of small soft in Outlook allowing to make a schedule with an alarm for each appointment one can have. This is the same kind of soft one can find in some fire walls warning about a mail coming in or a dangerous virus turning around. And some of those softs have the bad idea to stop some applications runing as 1946 for example. I had bad settings in my Outlook. Therefore I slot the installation CD in my PC and ordered for "repare". Then I could play two mission off-line without problem. Cross fingers!!
Maybe it can help some other players.
Thanks for answers anyway

Top Bookmark and Share
#2285795 - 08/16/07 12:09 AM Re: Help please game 1946 leaving all at once [Re: Azdack]
Craterman Offline

"I just levered the bugger off with a screwdriver; end of problem"

LoL!

Top Bookmark and Share

#2285800 - 08/16/07 12:13 AM Re: Help please game 1946 leaving all at once [Re: Dart]
Kamikuza Offline

Loc: Yasu, Shiga, Japan
Originally Posted By: Dart
Zone Alarm?

For some reason, Zone Alarm was causing various proggies (mostly games and sims) to go to the task bar randomly on my system.

Solution: disable Zone Alarm when flying a simulation offline.

I think it's the auto-update feature on ZA - use game mode (annoying) or turn off auto updates ... Latest version sucks, I'm looking for new net security software \:\(

Need some 3 view drawings for your skinning? Ask me - I might have them \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2286490 - 08/16/07 08:01 PM Re: Help please game 1946 leaving all at once [Re: Kamikuza]
Avimimus Offline

If need be ensure that all of your hardware is directx 8 compliant...

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.