Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved..
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2218532 - 05/24/07 04:41 AM Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved..
Bearcat99 Offline

Loc: NVa. USA
Freetrack

Thanks Kestrel for posting this at UBI..

Top Bookmark and Share
#2227405 - 06/04/07 03:34 PM Re: Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved.. [Re: Bearcat99]
zardozid Offline

Does anyone out their use this? (I know their must be someone...maybe I should ask if their is someone who uses FreeTrack that will answer my (thoughts) questions...lol).
Does this application use a lot of CPU? Does it have a fairly steady CPU load or does it spike at times?
What is your general experience with the program?
good? bad? simple? is it what you think it would be?
I love free application alternatives...and really respect the people who take the time out of their lives to tackle projects like this....thanks!

Top Bookmark and Share

#2228058 - 06/05/07 12:34 PM Re: Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved.. [Re: zardozid]
Bearcat99 Offline

Loc: NVa. USA
I use TIR4.. I have no clue... but I know that some folks just cant afford it right now.. so it is always gfood to have options.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2228462 - 06/05/07 09:49 PM Re: Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved.. [Re: Bearcat99]
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline

Loc: California
I used it before I made the TIR4 purchase. It worked but I think the particular camera I was using had issues. It definitely worked but due to my cameras limitations I never got a good chance to try it out.

I'll say if you have a newer camera that meets freetracks specs try it out. You may not like the software but I think it will give you a better idea of how much TIR4 kicks @ss! At least this way you can kind of test out the technology without having to commit to the TIR4 purchase.

Edited by HitchHikingFlatlander (06/05/07 09:50 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2231504 - 06/09/07 06:08 PM Re: Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved.. [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]
zardozid Offline

Originally Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander
I used it before I made the TIR4 purchase. It worked but I think the particular camera I was using had issues. It definitely worked but due to my cameras limitations I never got a good chance to try it out.

I'll say if you have a newer camera that meets freetracks specs try it out. You may not like the software but I think it will give you a better idea of how much TIR4 kicks @ss! At least this way you can kind of test out the technology without having to commit to the TIR4 purchase.

Thanks for the feedback I really must give this a try...I feel like I'm missing something. C

Top Bookmark and Share
#2231523 - 06/09/07 07:08 PM Re: Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved.. [Re: zardozid]
No105_Ogdens Offline

Loc: Shipdham, Norfolk 1944
I have to wonder what it would really take to get a 6DOF patch for IL2? It amazes me that a game of this calibre falls behind older games in that respect.

"Cricket itself is an entertainment and does not require such cheerleaders to entertain,"

Top Bookmark and Share
#2233057 - 06/12/07 01:03 AM Re: Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved.. [Re: No105_Ogdens]
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline

Loc: California
I dont think 6DOF was out when the Aces Exp./Forgotten Battles was released and considering the fact that Maddox would have to pretty much re-code the game to get it to work. Thats asking way too much and if you still dont think so I'd think your being unreasonable!

Top Bookmark and Share

#2242851 - 06/23/07 12:41 PM Re: Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved.. [Re: zardozid]
the_target Offline

On my AMD 3200+, using RGB24 compressor, window minimized I have this :

I don't think I can do much better now the video processing is written en SSE assembler.

you welcome

cu

Top Bookmark and Share
#2242866 - 06/23/07 01:00 PM Re: Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved.. [Re: the_target]
Oilburner Offline

Loc: Cedar Park, Tx.
fyi - Il2 will support 6dof easily. The reason they will not enable/allow it is that the cockpit models were designed for viewing from a fixed viewpoint and if you were allowed to move the viewpoint around there would be a crapload of anomolies (see through engines, etc...).

Top Bookmark and Share
#2243212 - 06/24/07 02:13 AM Re: Freetrack.. TIR alternative... improved.. [Re: Oilburner]
tagTaken2 Offline

Loc: Melb, Australia
A guy called Kegetys came up with a hack that enabled 6dof (in the past, he never released it, just did some demos- try youtube). It worked quite well in some of the newer cockpits, but many il-2 pits date from <2000, and too much effort to be updated- considering that BoB will have full 3d cockpits. It's a shame, as planes like the FW-190 really needed it. Still I can wait...

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.