Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 6 of 76 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2175577 - 04/03/07 01:01 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
Originally Posted By: Top Gun
Originally Posted By: Razorback
The Red Sox season is over. Yankees have pretty much won the World Series. No need to even play the season.

you beat me to it ;\)

Indeed! And, if MLB sticks to the exclusive Direct TV plan as least I'll be spared "the pain". I suppose I'll have the Mets to fall back on and the hypothetical return of Pedro in July (as if).

Top Bookmark and Share
#2175590 - 04/03/07 01:12 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
It would appear that I'm too much of an optimist to be a Red Sox fan.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2175599 - 04/03/07 01:23 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PHilA Offline

It's because you're way down in Florida isolated from all the hype ;\) . RB gets this one right because I just know that on WEEI right now, there are many yahoos complaining that Shilling is done, that the lineup stinks etc. etc.etc (and they may be right!). But the inevitable whinning, in and of itself, is high comedy. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2175601 - 04/03/07 01:27 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PHilA Offline

So when is Sid Finch pitching for the Bosox?

There were some rumors of him coming out of "retirement", but I would think the speed on his fastball would have dropped to the high 90s by now...

The "real" Sid Finch, aka Dice-K ( ), pitches thursday or friday (the third game of the season).

Top Bookmark and Share
#2176084 - 04/03/07 11:08 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Airdrop01 Offline

Loc: Lenexa, Kansas, USA
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
The Red Sox season is over. Yankees have pretty much won the World Series. No need to even play the season.

You always have a flair for the dramatic huh? Bah, I know its only one game but its always embarassing to lose to the KC Royals. Ugh.

Overhyped, overpaid schmucks with separate parts greater than the whole: 1.
Unproven and unhyped and improved team: 7

I'm going again Thursday. Eight rows back of home. I can't wait to see what Dice-K gives them for the stupid money they paid for that. Everyone I've talked to says his pitches are all good and accurate. Gyroball though? Sounds like a split finger/slider combo if that's possible... Should be good with Greinke going as well....

Edited by Airdrop01 (04/03/07 11:11 PM)

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Ditat Deus.

http://www.mattlammers.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#2176420 - 04/04/07 01:40 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Airdrop01]
PHilA Offline

"Overhyped, overpaid schmucks with seperate parts greater than the whole: 1"

That used to be the Yankees...what hath we done??

Dice K doesn't have a "gyroball"--it's just a ploy. If anything, his "baffle" pitch is believed to be nothing more than a really nasty changeup. In spring training he seemed to get in trouble early quite a bit, although he didn't yield many runs. But he does seem to know he will get burned if he leaves his fastball up.

The Royals ARE improved and it showed last year too. The lineup is really good but the pitching??????? I think there is going to be alot more parity this year in AL.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2176712 - 04/04/07 07:57 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
Airdrop01 Offline

Loc: Lenexa, Kansas, USA
Originally Posted By: PHilA
"Overhyped, overpaid schmucks with seperate parts greater than the whole: 1"

That used to be the Yankees...what hath we done??

Dice K doesn't have a "gyroball"--it's just a ploy. If anything, his "baffle" pitch is believed to be nothing more than a really nasty changeup. In spring training he seemed to get in trouble early quite a bit, although he didn't yield many runs. But he does seem to know he will get burned if he leaves his fastball up.

The Royals ARE improved and it showed last year too. The lineup is really good but the pitching??????? I think there is going to be alot more parity this year in AL.

Yeah, the Yanks are always my "most hated" team!

Pitching is gonna be a question....It's always tough when you're depending on #3 type guys to be your #1s and #2s and hoping along the way the Greinkes, Lumsdens and Hochevars of the world hit big....Not a recipie for many titles, but I can hope!! \:D

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Ditat Deus.

http://www.mattlammers.com

Top Bookmark and Share

#2177101 - 04/05/07 10:01 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Airdrop01]
SpongeBob55 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Well crap, three games in and the cards have been out scored 20 to 2 its over.

Edited by scpd755(SpongeBob) (04/05/07 10:01 AM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2177191 - 04/05/07 01:06 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Airdrop01]
PHilA Offline

Originally Posted By: Airdrop01

Overhyped, overpaid schmucks with separate parts greater than the whole: 1.
Unproven and unhyped and improved team: 7

Dejavu in reverse!

Overhyped, overpaid schmucks with separate parts greater than the whole: 7
Unproven and unhyped and improved team: 1

\:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2177192 - 04/05/07 01:07 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
And Josh Beckett (Former Florida Marlin) makes an impressive debut!

Edited by PanzerMeyer (04/05/07 01:09 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 6 of 76 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.