Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 4 of 76 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2173125 - 03/30/07 10:47 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: =DD=]
LeemzHQ Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Yes, I'm ready for baseball to start. And I already got my MLB2K7 season underway on the 360 (with an unrealistic 8-0 start for the Red Sox).

The Sox have spent plenty of money this offseason, though, not all of it wisely IMHO (J.D. Drew). But, I think Dice-K is a nice addition, though I have realistic expectations, unlike much of the rest of Red Sox Nation. If they get 14 wins out of him I'll be thrilled. My guess is that he'll start strong, as most pitchers do in the early, cooler, days of spring and then taper off in the second half. He may wear down a bit as the season progresses and he has to adjust to the 5 man rotation instead of the 6 man rotation he was accustomed to in Japan. But, he certainly has what it takes to be a solid, top of the rotation starter in MLB.

However, I'm still going to give the nod to the Yankees to win the division again. Until the Sox do it, I'll keep picking the Yankees. But, I think the Sox will be much better than last year when they were decimated with injuries. If they stay healthy this year they'll be in the race till the end.

I may be in the minority but I'm not thrilled with Papelbon moving back to the closer role. I would have liked to have seen him get a chance to start for a full season. I think, with all the money the Sox spent in the offseason, they should have acquired a closer.

Anyway, we'll see how it all shakes out.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2173149 - 03/30/07 11:34 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: =DD=]
Softball Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Originally Posted By: =DD=
I'm probably the only Padres fan on this board. Looking forward to when the Red Sox visit Petco Park in SD for some games. Again, we seem to be a team that's heavy on pitching but not a whole lot of hitting. The Pads had some nice hits during Spring training but we'll have to wait and see how the season plays out. Our roster is full of lefties whom seem to have a hard time with the dimensions of Petco Park. I'm looking forward to a year where Kahlil Green stays healthy the whole season. He makes some of the most exciting defensive plays on the team.

DD

Not true DD. Born and raised in SD, and I have been a BIG Padres fan since I was a kid. I remember my Dad taking me to watch the Padres at Jack Murphy Stadium, in field level seats. Rolly Fingers was the pitcher for that game. I got to watch Tony Gwynn from start to finish. Also watched a no hitter against the Padres (Florida Marlins pitcher A.J. Burnett, May 12th, 2001 @ Qualcomm Stadium). Not something many people get to experience.

We have a (10) game East Coast team package this season, and got tix to the Saturday game(Game 2) of the Red Sox vs Padres. Can't wait for the game.

Good to meet another Padres fan here at SIMHQ. \:\)

--SOFTBALL
--RLGaming Portal

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bas*ard die for his."

Top Bookmark and Share

#2173150 - 03/30/07 11:40 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Softball]
20mm Offline

Forums Manager
Lifer

Loc: Tucson AZ
Baseball post by Softball deleted by ForSquirrels.
Forever United States Army Ranger.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2173181 - 03/31/07 12:25 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
piper Offline

Loc: Raleigh,NC
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: Stormtrooper
Atlanta Braves fan since 1982

Ah, those Braves teams from the early 80's. I fondly remember Dale Murphy, Bob Horner, Chris Chambliss and Bruce Sutter.

Growing up I was a Big Red Machine fan!

Then I moved to south florida and the only thing to watch were the Braves (thanks to Ted Turner).
I loved watching those guys. They sucked, but it was fun listening to Skip talk about the Gilligan
s Island episode that was on TBS before the game. I miss those days... :-)

Back to being a Reds fan (and I hear they're already 2 back).

Tell you guys, best deal where I live is the Durham Bulls. Remember the movie? Yep, they are real and now AAA league! Fun to watch in a really nice park - designed by the same guy who did Camden Yard. And a ticket, two beers, and a dog won't set you back.

Yep, I'm ready for baseball!

ps. PanzerMeyer you might enjoy this. First ML game I ever went to was a Red Sox game in the early 90's. Had a business trip in Boston (great town!) My friend got scalped tickets, we sat 10 rows up between third and home plate! Saw the Rocket strike out Jose Cansucko. What a night!!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2173228 - 03/31/07 02:01 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Colt40Five]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
Originally Posted By: Colt40Five
Originally Posted By: Razorback
By the way... to the people who have posted in this thread saying baseball is boring, please answer this little question:

What is your favorite sport, so if we ever talk about it on this board I can jump in and post over and over how much it sucks.

Thanks. ;\)

American Football preferably SEC. And you're as welcome to your opinion about that sport as I am to mine about baseboro. (which is that it sux if you missed it earlier) \:\)

You like American Football? Oh God... girly men wearing armor! That is the worst sport on the planet! I hate that sport! Now go make a thread about how much you love it so I can troll in it long enough to get to 10,000.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2173240 - 03/31/07 02:24 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
adlabs6 Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Hahah!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2173272 - 03/31/07 03:50 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
NH2112 Offline

Loc: Windham ME
For common sports in America, football. It has everything a sport is supposed to have - violence, hitting people, violence, season- and career-ending injuries, violence, limbs bent backwards or joints suddenly appearing in the middle of long bones, violence, and some teams even play in outdoors stadiums in the wintertime \:\)

Edited by NH2112 (03/31/07 03:52 AM)

I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose free will

Top Bookmark and Share

#2173335 - 03/31/07 08:18 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: 249th_Jeevz]
SimHQ Tom Cofield Offline

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Gotta see when I am going back to Illinois, gotta take the kid to a Cub game. We went last year, he was overjoyed at going to Wrigley Field.

Will take him a few times this summer up to Safeco to see the Mariners though. That is a true father son thing.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2173709 - 03/31/07 10:00 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: SimHQ Tom Cofield]
=DD= Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca. USA
Ichiro must be fun to see in person. I went watch the Padres spring training a couple years back. Wish I walked next door to the Mariners complex and tried to get his autograph.
DD

XB Live tag: Chimi72

Top Bookmark and Share
#2173737 - 03/31/07 10:53 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Softball]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Softball

Good to meet another Padres fan here at SIMHQ. \:\)

I cant blame you at all for that. If you read the previous baseball threads on SimHQ you'd get the impression that almost everyone is either a NY Yankee or Boston Red Sox fan. ;\)

@ Piper -- I wish I could have been there was well to see The Rocket strike out that steroid-pumping loser! How did you like Fenway Park? Is it the greatest baseball stadium ever built or what?

Edited by PanzerMeyer (04/01/07 12:57 AM)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 4 of 76 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.