Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2172647 - 03/30/07 11:47 AM Are you ready for some baseball?
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
So the new baseball season will be starting on April 1st and I'm pumped up! I just know or pray at least that Daisuke Matsuzaka is worth every penny the Red Sox paid him. Will the Gyro-ball dominate? I hope so.

Go Red Sox!!!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2172682 - 03/30/07 12:41 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
DaveP63 Offline

Loc: Indiana, USA
I'm looking forward to seeing what Pinella can do with the Cubbies and seeing what the Cards can do with the remnants of the WS team. I'm also curious to see what drama the Yankmee's can drum up before they tank!

AJ: 'I'll tell you what, he's thinking, 'you're not getting past me, you arrogant little Kr$%t.'That's what he's thinking''

Top Bookmark and Share

#2172693 - 03/30/07 01:07 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: DaveP63]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
Should be an interesting season. The Red Sox rotation comes with alot of fanfare but who knows what it will actually do. The lineup appears to be improved but Varitek, Pedroia and Crisp can end up being ballbusters. I wanted Papelbon in the rotation but the powers that be double reversed themselves. Who knows?

This could be the season the Yankees drop off. The rotation already looks creaky and maybe this will be the season Giambi, Jeter, Posada and Damon begin their 30somethings decline. But I'm sure they'll end up on their feet as they always do.

Toronto again can be a strong contender if they stay healthy. Baltimore is Baltimore but they are getting better too and the AL Central Division will be stronger than ever. Should be an exciting season.

Personal pet peave: The MLB switch to Direct TV for the out of market package. MLB: you suck. Period. But maybe Senate pressure will strike an 11th hour deal with On Demand.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2172695 - 03/30/07 01:10 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
PV Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
Quote:
Are you ready for some baseball?

no.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2172699 - 03/30/07 01:21 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PV]
adlabs6 Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Yep, I'm looking forward to the season getting underway.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2172702 - 03/30/07 01:25 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: adlabs6]
Frodo 13 Offline

Loc: USA
I rather play it than watch it. That's how I have been about this sport for so many years.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2172709 - 03/30/07 01:32 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Frodo 13]
adlabs6 Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
What group do you play with? I seem to recall a few years back someone from UBI's forums got a tryout with a league out in the west.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2172711 - 03/30/07 01:35 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Frodo 13]
Patrocles Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Baseball!! My (LOCAL AREA TEAM(s)) will kick the a$$ of your (LOCAL AREA TEAM(s))!!

I cannot stand watching baseball on TV (imho...the vast majority of color commentary is atrocious) Fortunately, it is nice to hear the games on the radio without all the fluff.
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
-Rudyard Kipling

Top Bookmark and Share
#2172746 - 03/30/07 02:25 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Patrocles]
249th_Jeevz Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Go Braves!

XBL/PSN: Jeevz74
Flak Monkey

Top Bookmark and Share
#2172748 - 03/30/07 02:26 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Patrocles]
249th_Jeevz Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted By: Patrocles
Baseball!! My (LOCAL AREA TEAM(s)) will kick the a$$ of your (LOCAL AREA TEAM(s))!!

I cannot stand watching baseball on TV (imho...the vast majority of color commentary is atrocious) Fortunately, it is nice to hear the games on the radio without all the fluff.

I used to turn the game on the TV mute it and turn on the radio to listen to the local broadcasters, but they delay the TV signal now so it doesn't work anymore.

XBL/PSN: Jeevz74
Flak Monkey

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.