Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Help!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2057614 - 04/05/06 06:09 AM Help!
CVW11_Wookie Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I just bought SFP1, this game is so awsome the graphics are out of this world. I downloaded all the latest patches. I have a problem, I dowloaded the F-14A to play with and when I am in the internal view everything begins to flicker. All other planes I fly don't do this. I think it has something to do with the HUD. Please help because I really want to enjoy flying my favorite plane of all time. Also, which folder do the skins go into.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2057615 - 04/05/06 06:25 AM Re: Help!
TeargasHorse_SAF Offline

Loc: Las Vegas NV USA
The skins go in the F-14 folder. You may have to edit, with notepad, your F-14A config file. I usually copy n paste the first entry to the last texture set, like;

[TextureSet001]
Directory=VF143
Name=VF143
Nation=USN
Squadron=VF143
Specular=0.300000
Glossiness=0.750000
Reflection=0.000000

then change the appropriate lines, thusly

[TextureSet014] <--
Directory=VF172 <--
Name=VF172 Teargas Horse's <--
Nation=USMC <--
Squadron=VF172 <--
Specular=0.300000
Glossiness=0.750000
Reflection=0.000000

I leave the last three alone, cause I's frait to change 'em.

Sorry, but I dunno about your flickering pit.

http://www.plasticammo.com - Combat without the holes!

Top Bookmark and Share

#2057616 - 04/05/06 07:23 PM Re: Help!
Mac 4.0 Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by tomcat14:
I just bought SFP1, this game is so awsome the graphics are out of this world. I downloaded all the latest patches. I have a problem, I dowloaded the F-14A to play with and when I am in the internal view everything begins to flicker. All other planes I fly don't do this. I think it has something to do with the HUD. Please help because I really want to enjoy flying my favorite plane of all time. Also, which folder do the skins go into.
Just as TeargasHorse_SAF said, if you download a new skin, place the skins folder into your main Tomcat folder. You then must edit the F-14A.ini file contents. Each plane skin is listed here near the bottom and you need to edit in the new info for your skin. The skin *should* come with a readme that has the proper ini text for the file. If not, just copy the below info after the last entry and type in the correct number order at the top in place of the XXX and same for the name of the folder;

[TextureSetXXX]
Directory=XXX
Name=XXX
Naiton=USA
Squadron=
Specular=0.200000
Glossiness=0.050000
Reflection=0.000000
Nation=USA

For your cockpit problem, it sounds like a graphic driver problem. If you have the time, please post your system specs, your card name and driver version, and the graphic selections for your card via your cards config screen under Display Properties. We can go from there.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2057617 - 04/05/06 08:25 PM Re: Help!
Sony Tuckson Offline

Loc: Belgium
you don't need to edit anything to add a new skin
just drop the new skin folder into the plane main directory
the game engine will adapt the ini file itself....that works since patch SP2....
as for the graphicx problem, are you running a gforce mx video card?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2057618 - 04/05/06 09:03 PM Re: Help!
CVW11_Wookie Offline

I have a GeForce4 420 graphics card, but I fixed the problem. I had to put my cockpit detail from high to medium. Also how do you add the phoenix missle and the aircraft carrier? I have SFP1

Top Bookmark and Share
#2057619 - 04/05/06 09:24 PM Re: Help!
Mac 4.0 Offline

Quote:
I have a GeForce4 420 graphics card, but I fixed the problem. I had to put my cockpit detail from high to medium. Also how do you add the phoenix missle and the aircraft carrier? I have SFP1
Uh oh, someone didn't read the ReadMe Now post! \:D LOL;
http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=145;t=002774

Top Bookmark and Share
#2057620 - 04/06/06 04:43 PM Re: Help!
CVW11_Wookie Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 4.0:
Quote:
http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=145;t=002774
I did everything that I was instructed instead of copying the F-14A weapondata.ini to other eras since I am only using the Vietnam era weapons for now. I can not get the phoenix missiles to show up in the loadout selection screen.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2057621 - 04/06/06 08:11 PM Re: Help!
CVW11_Wookie Offline

I have now copied the F-14A_weapondata.ini to all the eras and I still cannot get them to show up in the loadout selection. I have SFP1.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2057622 - 04/06/06 08:22 PM Re: Help!
Mac 4.0 Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 4.0:
Quote:
I did everything that I was instructed instead of copying the F-14A weapondata.ini to other eras since I am only using the Vietnam era weapons for now. I can not get the phoenix missiles to show up in the loadout selection screen.
You must follow the instructions to the letter, no matter what era you are useing for it to work. At the minimal, you have two weapon ini's which are weapondata.ini & weapondata_vietnam.ini. The Tomcat data MUST be placed into BOTH of these, even though your only useing vietnam's. This will fix your problem. If not, you need to double check the instructions and make sure you did everything exactly, especially the editing of the options.ini file in the main folder to reflect the 1975 dates! SF is actually the easiest to get this to work, WOV is the one where it might get tough. Do these, and it will work. ;\) With this game, it's always a good idea to do exactly as readme's state, even though it might sound un-needed. I learned this after puttin stuff in places I thought they totally didn't belong, and then later learned how they actually do work in these odd places I also forgot to tell you about the carrier. You must edit the carrier mission profile for the new carrier to take place. Open the Carrier.msn mission with wordpad or notepad. Where ever the carrier name is, you need to replace it with the new carrier's name, aka, CVN75. Make sure you read the carrier's readme and make sure of the name or it won't work. Even typing CVN-75 instead of CVN75 will cause it to not work \:\) Ok, try this stuff and get back to me. The stuff works, just has to be done exactly right

Top Bookmark and Share
#2057623 - 04/06/06 10:25 PM Re: Help!
CVW11_Wookie Offline

I thought the dates were 1973 and also where is the carrier mission profile located?

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.