Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#200394 - 06/02/04 07:12 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Gottedammerung Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Skoold:
Quote:
THe digital rebel, or 300d in the UK, is one of the best for the price. There's also a russian firmware hack that addresses some of the limitations which were put in there to stop it competing with the more expensive 10d.
Oh, I must have a link to that firmware hack....I demand it! \:\)
Here you go. I think the site's down at the moment. I'd also watch out for the latest version. I've heard reports it's a leaked beta, and a final version is soon be released.

canon 300d tips and tricks

Top Bookmark and Share
#200395 - 06/02/04 07:39 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[QUOTE]I agree with the TIFF issue, but I can't agree on the battery. The Li-Ion outperform point blank beat the NiHM AAs. You can get good generic batteries for the Rebel (and I am sure you can with the Nikon too, I just haven't seen them at BBY, which isn't saying much) that are only 40 dollars. That is quite a deal considering they last 16-24 months.
The reason I don't want lithium is that they are not rechargable.

Top Bookmark and Share

#200396 - 06/02/04 07:42 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
I would be very surprised, though, if there are Digital SLRs with conventional NiMH packs around...are there?
Never heard of them, but NiHM is definately NOT the way to go. Li-Ion may be be convient, but they sure are better.
Why? Most DC's use rechargable NiHM batteries. You have two sets of rechargable NiHM's, when one goes dead you recharge them and put a fresh set in the camera. Rechargable batteries are good for about five years.

Top Bookmark and Share
#200397 - 06/02/04 09:48 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Mud Hen Offline

Loc: England
Disregard

Top Bookmark and Share
#200398 - 06/02/04 09:58 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
DickDastardly Offline

Loc: nowhere much
Primary Lithium cells do exist. They are not the rechargeable Lithium Ion cells used in cameras, laptops etc. Ape is probably confusing the two...

"3. A "Remember the Maine" incident could be arranged in several forms:

a. We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba.

b. We could blow up a drone (unmanned) vessel anywhere in the Cuban waters.

... Casualty lists in US newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation.

4. We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington." (p8)

"7. Hijacking attempts against civil air and surface craft should appear to continue as harassing measures condoned by the government of Cuba.

8. It is possible to create an incident which will demonstrate convincingly that a Cuban aircraft has attacked and shot down a chartered civil airliner enroute from the United States...

a. An aircraft at Eglin AFB would be painted and numbered as an exact duplicate for a civil registered aircraft... At a designated time the duplicate would be substituted for the actual civil aircraft and would be loaded with the selected passengers all boarded under carefully prepared aliases. The actual registered aircraft would be converted to a drone." (p10)

Operation Northwoods Document - 9 March 1962

Top Bookmark and Share
#200399 - 06/02/04 10:24 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DickDastardly:
Primary Lithium cells do exist. They are not the rechargeable Lithium Ion cells used in cameras, laptops etc. Ape is probably confusing the two...
So the lithium batteries in these digital SLR's are rechargable? If they last for a year or so and are not rechargable I guess it's no big deal either.

Top Bookmark and Share
#200400 - 06/02/04 10:49 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Carrot Offline

Loc: Hartlepool, England
Yes, the Lithium Ion batteries used by dSLR's are rechargeable. They're generally good for upwards of 300 shots on a charge. All round *much* better than NimH AA cells.

Top Bookmark and Share

#200401 - 06/03/04 01:51 AM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Carrot:
Yes, the Lithium Ion batteries used by dSLR's are rechargeable. They're generally good for upwards of 300 shots on a charge. All round *much* better than NimH AA cells.
Ah, yes, I was confused then. If they are rechargable then bring them on! \:D

Top Bookmark and Share
#200402 - 06/03/04 04:48 AM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ape:
Quote:
[QUOTE]I agree with the TIFF issue, but I can't agree on the battery. The Li-Ion outperform point blank beat the NiHM AAs. You can get good generic batteries for the Rebel (and I am sure you can with the Nikon too, I just haven't seen them at BBY, which isn't saying much) that are only 40 dollars. That is quite a deal considering they last 16-24 months.
The reason I don't want lithium is that they are not rechargable.
Uh, I think you are confused. Li-Ion are rechargable. Few digital cameras only accept the Lithium Non-rechargable. I don't know of a major maker of cameras that require the Non-Rechargable ones.

Top Bookmark and Share
#200403 - 06/03/04 04:50 AM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ape:
Quote:
Originally posted by DickDastardly:
So the lithium batteries in these digital SLR's are rechargable? If they last for a year or so and are not rechargable I guess it's no big deal either.
The ones in the Cameras are rechargable, but you have to replace them every 12-16 months in general. They run in cost from 40 to 60 dollars retail.

They last for about 300 shots or so (1.5 hours of on time) per a charge.....

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.