Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#200344 - 05/11/04 10:06 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea, just remember to use the sport preset and to press the button down half way to pre-set it so it will take a photo without a 1.5 second delay.

Oh, also force the flash off.

Top Bookmark and Share
#200345 - 05/11/04 11:06 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
U-96 Offline

Loc: Oxford, United Kingdom
hey valleyboy, if you want to do Fairford RIAT, drop me a line, I live about 20 mins away and know the back roads ;\)

Not sure if I'm going myself this year, as I'm aiming for Goodwood and Donington Euro GT, but if you need somewhere to crash...

Top Bookmark and Share

#200346 - 05/11/04 11:25 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer

Loc: Vienna, 2nd rock left.
When's RIAT this year? Perhabs I should finally make it happen...just a shame that the flight costs an arm and a leg these days.

Top Bookmark and Share
#200347 - 05/11/04 11:30 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
U-96 Offline

July 17-18 I think this year.

I know what you mean about Vienna flights - blame the UN for making it a profitable run. \:\(

That's why I flew into Klagenfurt and out of Salzburg on Ryanair. The train journeys were inexpensive (and very scenic) compared to a direct flight to Vienna.

edit- they also fly from Graz

Top Bookmark and Share
#200348 - 05/12/04 04:55 AM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Magoo Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:
Hawkeye, while this is certainly true for your line of work, the problems start when you want to do Airshows or other kinds of mass events without press pass. That's where 10x really come in handy, and if I could I'd even get me the 1,5x Converter for the full 570mm equivalent.
Hey, I've shot some airshows too! \:D Err...with the EOS10D though and a Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS... \:o

Quote:
Originally posted by U-96:
I think I'm pretty much sold on the Canon, as I'm in the market for a camera myself. The stabilisation feature looks pretty neat, and I haven't yet seen any reports of chromatic abberation (purple fringing etc) that some other zoom digitals seem to suffer from (like the Minolta Z2 I was also looking at).
I heard there's a new one out with a built in Canon "L series" lens on it. Is this the one you mean? If so, you should have no problems.

Joachim Fest

Top Bookmark and Share
#200349 - 05/12/04 09:05 AM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
U-96 Offline

I don't know about the lens - the one I'm looking at is the same one Screwballs mentioned (in fact because he mentioned it!)

Here's a good review of the features: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/s1is.html

It seems a little pricy for a 3.2MP camera, but the other features seem pretty astonishing - ultrasonic motor, x10 optical zoom, SVGA video capture with sound and zoom, image stabilisation, blah blah blah...

Top Bookmark and Share
#200350 - 05/12/04 09:22 AM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Magoo Offline

Thanks. No that isn't the one I was referring to. You can tell the L series glass by the thin red ring around the outside of the lens near the front.

I think this is the one I meant:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/pro1.html

I looked through the posts but couldn't, or didn't, see the name of the one you were referring to. There is a shot of the two of them together at the bottom of the page.

Joachim Fest

Top Bookmark and Share

#200351 - 05/12/04 01:24 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
U-96 Offline

ah the Pro1, a very nice camera if you have the need (and the money!). I think it shares quite a few features with the Powershot S1, but is aimed at the semi-pro market.

Top Bookmark and Share
#200352 - 05/12/04 02:14 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Magoo Offline

Yeah, sorry, I didn't realise it was soooo much more expensive. Looks the part though! And some of those lens attachments...WOW!!

Joachim Fest

Top Bookmark and Share
#200353 - 05/28/04 03:32 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I got myself the Fuji Finepix S5000 as mentioned earlier. It is some classy piece of kit! Here are some sample shots I just took to demo the zoom and quality...

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Screwballs

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.