Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#200334 - 05/10/04 08:50 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
U-96 Offline

Loc: Oxford, United Kingdom
screwballs, I don't know where you were pricing the Canon, but it's £380/€560 at http://www.dabs.com \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#200335 - 05/10/04 09:38 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

U-96, Ireland!

But what do people think of that combo deal from ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48534&item=3814769051&tc=photo

Would you spring for that if you were in my shoes? The only thing I'm concerned about are those Opteka lenses? The reviews on ebay have mainly positive things to say about them but they appear to be non-existent elsewhere!!!

Skoold, don't suppose your shop sells overseas and has a website? \:D

Screwballs

Top Bookmark and Share

#200336 - 05/10/04 09:45 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

Top Bookmark and Share
#200337 - 05/10/04 10:11 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
valleyboy Offline

Loc: Aberdare, Wales, UK
Anyone got info on the DX6490 ??? bit late to change my mind on it (already had it for a few months!).. though it would be nice to know what has been writen about it! \:D

Top Bookmark and Share
#200338 - 05/10/04 10:16 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
ForSquirrels Offline

Loc: Hokie Nation
Finally got the 10X zoom pics uploaded...

This is zoomed all the way out...

and I don't remember if this is zoomed in all the way, but if it isn't it's pretty close. As said earlier these were taking with an Olympus C-700UZ, the 2.1 Megapixel version of the C-740 that Bill was playing with. Oh yeah...these are obviously re-sized to make them easier to upload/download. :p

EDIT: appearently the pic of Ericcson didn't load all the way at first...fixed now though. \:D

Airpower Over Hampton Roads 2008

Top Bookmark and Share
#200339 - 05/11/04 10:25 AM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer

Loc: Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Okay, the Optekas strike out.

Well, there got to be a reason why a brand-name Fuji 1,5x converter costs almost 150 bucks - I'd expect these to be a lot better than a 2x for 50$.

Top Bookmark and Share
#200340 - 05/11/04 01:04 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
U-96 Offline

Loc: Oxford, United Kingdom
I think I'm pretty much sold on the Canon, as I'm in the market for a camera myself. The stabilisation feature looks pretty neat, and I haven't yet seen any reports of chromatic abberation (purple fringing etc) that some other zoom digitals seem to suffer from (like the Minolta Z2 I was also looking at).

My only concerns would be the small LCD (but I like the swivel feature) and the battery life (worth investing in NiMH batteries).

ForSquirrels: nice pics. That's a fair bit of zoom \:\)

RSColonel: Hi mate, sorry we couldn't hook up in Vienna - hope you've gotten some sleep since ;\) Will have some pics to post by the end of the week with any luck, but I've guess you've seen them all before \:D

Top Bookmark and Share

#200341 - 05/11/04 02:42 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer

Loc: Vienna, 2nd rock left.
No worries 'bout Vienna...problem is that usually during the week I build up quite a sleep-deficit, and Friday Afternoon I recharge before heading into the nightlife.

Hope you had a good time and enjoyed yourselfs.

Top Bookmark and Share
#200342 - 05/11/04 07:38 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by valleyboy:
Anyone got info on the DX6490 ??? bit late to change my mind on it (already had it for a few months!).. though it would be nice to know what has been writen about it! \:D
I don't have a review, but I find it to be a decent camera. You didn't get screwed over.... \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#200343 - 05/11/04 09:21 PM Re: What digital camera to get??? All opinions welcome! ;P
valleyboy Offline

Loc: Aberdare, Wales, UK
Thank god for that \:D
I wanted something to take pictures of whatever I wanted too.. mostly things that go wooosh.... have a few pictures of various stuff already including the South Wales Police helicopter chasing someone.... my brother tipping over a mini digger... my bike, and other stuff... its main test will come in June / July when I go to some airshows... right proper work out it will get then \:\)

As long as I didnt get screwed over.. paid £300 for the bugger! Couldnt see much else I wanted in that price bracket!

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.