Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1971306 - 02/12/06 06:39 AM Re: OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
No105_Rigger Offline

and now for my retort. how many times has yon coolhand come to me with hat in hand and tear in clothing to fix? the answer is many! I have made more name tags and sewn more coveralls, tool pouches, and assorted emergency velco repairs than I can count for this fine "working man" and not to meantion the fact that he had to ask me how to spell the word "sew" says much for the fact that he is a "mech's mech" (not in that new cowboy movie way either) but the fact that he tries to turn bolts with a hammer, tighten screws with a wrench, and stare at the screwdriver wondering how he is going to fix anything with a glass filled with vodka and orange juice. right tool for the right job( UHG, me grog the mech, me hit with big hammer until jet start and go zoomy zoom now.) of course at this point he will also say that I have intentionally misspelled his name, sewed his coveralls shut, and performed all other assorted manner of practical jokes on him. this is all true- and I would do it agian! and yes I am working in a tax office, by coincidence it is still less taxing than the place where I am stationed now. well CH, in your immortal words, Smoke on! looks like an airshow in here!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1971307 - 02/12/06 06:53 AM Re: OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
No105_coolhand Offline

Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana
LMFAO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thats funny

"people seldom improve when they have no other role model but themselves to copy after

Top Bookmark and Share

#1971308 - 02/12/06 06:58 AM Re: OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
No105_Rigger Offline

of course it is, it is also the truth (at the verly least, our version of it)

Top Bookmark and Share
#1971309 - 02/12/06 03:05 PM Re: OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
Swoose Offline

Loc: Yorktown, Virginia USA
S! Cool!

Greetings from Hampton Roads and Congrats on re-upping for your final hitch! Sure you don't want to extend until 2010 so you can start working on the Boeing P-8 Multi Mission Aircraft? Thanks for your service to our country keeping those old Orions flying!

http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero/aircraft/boeing_b17d.htm

Top Bookmark and Share
#1971310 - 02/12/06 03:13 PM Re: OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
462cid Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by No105_coolhand:
Well Gents, today I reenlisted at Aloha stadium during the pro bowl practice, I re upped for the last time..3 years and Ill have finished my 20 years...Man time flies 17 years in the Navy..
Thanks for the times away from your family, and thanks for making service in your Country your profession

Top Bookmark and Share
#1971311 - 02/12/06 03:32 PM Re: OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
Steven190 Offline

Loc: Omaha
Good luck Cool Hand

I only made 3 years

The best of luck
2)RaptorX 150 gig 1) 500 gig backup drive
8800GTX Ultra Black Pearl on 169.21 drivers
Koolance water system
Dell 2405 FP monitor
Creative X-Fi Exteme
Track4Pro/ Vector 6DOF

Top Bookmark and Share
#1971312 - 02/12/06 04:14 PM Re: OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
-Lobo- Offline

Loc: Cleveland,TN, USA
At least you two are "Brown Shoes"! ;\)

Congrats on making it to the home strech!

(formily"Lobo_78th")A.K.A...13sq*Lobo,Old Lobo
Aviation Ordnanceman USMC 80-88
OIF III 04-05 TNANG
13 Squadron

Top Bookmark and Share

#1971313 - 02/12/06 04:16 PM Re: OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
No105_Felix Offline

Loc: BFE Maryland
I am here to attest to everything that Rigger says!

Even though he is a lazy no account parachute packer. Hell I guess it could be worse his job could involve fudge!

Congrats and my condolences CH. Now scoot your butt over to your new duty station tricking the gullible into joining the navy..... I mean recruiting fine young men and women to serve..

---Rudyard Kipling
http://www.no32squadron.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#1971314 - 02/12/06 05:18 PM Re: OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
akdavis Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Hey, some pics I took flying in and out of Honolulu on the day you reenlisted (which was yesterday, I guess, but I haven't gone to sleep yet).

And I was a bit slow with the camera, but a pic of a sub headed out (Los Angeles class, I assume):

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox

Top Bookmark and Share
#1971315 - 02/13/06 06:34 AM Re: OT.. I raised my hand today for the last time
No105_Rigger Offline

FELIX! how daaree ye! (insert bad scottish accent here) you know darned well you saw me for all of the same things as coolhand and recieved all of the same treatments! and you know it. plus, let us not forget all of the times you gave me ideas for joke to pull and egged the whole thing on- you big pot stir you! also, for all those paying attention i am not just a parachute rigger, i have had the great honor of having the title of "honorary airframer" for all of my weekend work on tomcats.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.