Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » “Amaaazing comedy genius” uhg…
Topic Options
Hop to:
#156691 - 11/21/03 11:41 PM “Amaaazing comedy genius” uhg…
Rick.50cal Offline
FS2004 / FSX Forum Moderator
Lifer

“Amaaazing comedy genius” uhg…

With the Cat in Hat movie coming up, the ceaseless sycophants of Hollywood’s top drawing funnymen are once again spewing forth words that might otherwise be used to describe a god or tyrant.

I’m talking, of course, about such acting greats like Adam Sandler, Mike Myers, Jim Carrey and so on. (heavy on the sarcasm there)

Now, I did enjoy Sandler’s take on etiquette on the putting green…but seriously: how can any of us REALLY consider these populist entertainers as genius?

Never mind that there are probably hundreds of entertainers that are actually more capable that this crew, never mind that there are far better actors out there that probably deserve at least a fraction of this praise…aren’t these guys overrated? I mean, I tend to enjoy their movies, but to me it’s just another movie, not grounds to fawn over their supposed superior comedic intellect…

Thoughts?

Top Bookmark and Share
#156692 - 11/22/03 12:17 AM Re: “Amaaazing comedy genius” uhg…
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm big on comedy and I have to agree with you, except for Carey who actualy has true talent, a great physical comic, the rest in your list are trully mediocre hacks at best.

The whole comedy scene started going down the talent tubes with the advent of "comic schools" and other formuleic "comedic" factories where average half asses with the talent of a two by four could learn a few one-liners and pretend to be "talented".

It's always the same story, as long as they'll standardize and jugulate "art" into convenient products for general public consumption, crap will result.

Very little of what comes out of the mainstream today can trully be considered artistic anymore, art demands reflection and thinking...with the attention span and general education of most today, it's almost a lost cause.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Top Bookmark and Share

#156693 - 11/22/03 12:56 AM Re: “Amaaazing comedy genius” uhg…
Goodwood Offline
Lifer

Loc: Detroit - in the Danger Zone!
Yeah, I'm one of those entertainers who've got better skills then Sandler...be sure

Do-ro'ik vong pratte!

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.