Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Pics & Gif from NAS Oceana Sept. 2003 Airshow...
Topic Options
Hop to:
#143861 - 09/14/03 11:17 PM Pics & Gif from NAS Oceana Sept. 2003 Airshow...
Anonymous
Unregistered

This years show was awesome (as usual). We had some nice weather Friday night with an incredible sunset as a background. I have a rather small Digital Camera, but at least you will get a taste of what I saw last weekend! I took some great videos and my favorite was from Friday night's Fat Albert Twilight Demo. The sun setting in the background really made for some fantastic footage!! What a night. Hope you enjoy the "show"...

The shots have been resized so forgive me for the low quality. Originals are 1600x1200.

This is a great sequence I caught of an F-14 being pulled into the Hangar for service.

And this is my favorite shot. I call it..."Just another workday?"

The service personnel looked so bored as if they were working at Mcdonalds or something. Oh well, I guess if you see it everyday, it's just a "another job".

Here's a gif (trial version obviously) I made from my video footage of the Twilight Fat Albert Jato Assisted Takeoff. It was AWESOME.

Man, I love this stuff. Well, I hope you enjoyed my stuff. Now I have to go get packed to split town before Hurricane Isabelle tears thru Va Beach! Looks like she may be trying to make a bee-line for Washington which means we lay right in her path. If it gets downgraded to a category 3 or less we may try and ride her out, but if she is anywhere near a cat 4 we are outta here because we only live a block off the ocean. Would be cool to try and get some footage of the "eye" though. However, I have three daughters so safety is the name of the game. Hurricanes are not to be trifled with.

She's looking rather frightning.
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/geo/east/

Top Bookmark and Share
#143862 - 09/15/03 08:38 AM Re: Pics & Gif from NAS Oceana Sept. 2003 Airshow...
ST0RM Offline

Loc: McConnell AFB, Kansas
Great shots Snowman! A twilight show is always a good one. Especially with generous use of afterburner! Thanks for sharing.

Storm

Top Bookmark and Share

#143863 - 09/15/03 09:42 AM Re: Pics & Gif from NAS Oceana Sept. 2003 Airshow...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you zip the originals and host them or E-mail them upon request?

Top Bookmark and Share
#143864 - 09/15/03 09:49 AM Re: Pics & Gif from NAS Oceana Sept. 2003 Airshow...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great shots man!

Thanks mate.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143865 - 09/15/03 01:45 PM Re: Pics & Gif from NAS Oceana Sept. 2003 Airshow...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the positive replies fellas!!

Tim,

I would be more than happy to hook you up. Would you like a copy of the DVD I'm putting together? It's gonna take some time, but I got some nice footage. For the Sunday show I snuck on to a roof of a local hotel and taped the Blues coming in from the ocean and flying directly overhead back towards the base at about 100ft!! Awesome stuff. \:D

I'll get in touch with you. I believe I still have your e-mail.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143866 - 09/15/03 01:55 PM Re: Pics & Gif from NAS Oceana Sept. 2003 Airshow...
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
sweet shots, I would love to see the rest as well!
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#143867 - 09/15/03 02:03 PM Re: Pics & Gif from NAS Oceana Sept. 2003 Airshow...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks TG.

I'll let you guys know when I have more available. I'm in the middle of adding and editing my footage now. I also got some good footage of the famous sneak pass that turned out really loud and fast!!

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.