Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Ok parents, I need your help!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#143446 - 09/13/03 08:35 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
Hornit Offline
Contributing Editor

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
I love you....you love me...lets get together and shoot Barney...with a great big gun we'll shoot him in the head, then old Barney will be dead.... \:\) I liked that one, the kids might cry if they are little and like Barney so be careful. a bit later they will laugh at it \:\)

Hornit

Top Bookmark and Share
#143447 - 09/13/03 09:21 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL! Love your Barney version Hornit! But damnit man, I'll be singing the wheels on the bus go round and round song for the next three weeks! Aaaaaaahhh! As for me, I haven't grown up yet either, and don't intend to ever do so. But that's the way with us Navy types, Hornit, we're naturally imbued with innocent, boyish charm!

Cheers!

Rick... \:D

Top Bookmark and Share

#143448 - 09/14/03 04:07 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
The Biss Offline

Loc: Wake Forest, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Raven93:
You'll know you're on the right track if your wife shrieks and says, "Don't you DARE ever sing that in front of the kids!"
AHA! I'm not the ONLY one! How fabulous.

*singing*
"Quien son los persones in su barrio, in su barrio, in su BAAAaaarrrrio-oooh!"

Top Bookmark and Share
#143449 - 09/14/03 10:15 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dammit Hornit, get it right!

This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend.
Sombody started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because, this is the song that never ends.....

Hehe. That's been going through my head since I read your post yesterday. Fargin corksucker! \:D

Top Bookmark and Share
#143450 - 09/14/03 11:45 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just be happy that you have the memory of those tunes for they will keep you company in the lonely years ahead.

I wake up sometimes to the tunes my kids had on tape 19 years ago and have a quiet cry at the memory.

If I could give everyone on Sesame Street a Knighthood I would.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143451 - 09/15/03 01:54 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
Spoons - SimHQ Offline
SimHQ Editor Emeritus

Loc: SimHQ.com
Quote:
Originally posted by Raven93:
But you can make them more enjoyable when you're singing them. Instead of singing the correct lyrics, make up your own. You'll know you're on the right track if your wife shrieks and says, "Don't you DARE ever sing that in front of the kids!"
Along those lines, I've created X-rated or adult-Themed lyrics that I sing in my head to my kids' Barney CD. My wife has similar reactions as yours does, but it works for me. They're not all dirty, but many are and it usually brings a smile to my face. Like Hornit said, I fully expect to be a crying mess of blubber when my kids get old....it's happening already, for god's sake!

An alternative (to the crappy songs, not the blubber ;\) ) is to get a decent kids' CD....we have one from a friend of a friend who sings kids' songs, and his CD really isn't that terrible to listen to. In fact, some of the songs are pretty damned clever....there's even a vague reference to the movie Airplane! in one of them, which is an added bonus to anything for me.

This particular guy is at:

http://www.stevesongs.com/

I get no commission. \:D

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.