Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Ok parents, I need your help!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#143436 - 09/12/03 03:51 PM Ok parents, I need your help!
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
How the hell do you get kids songs out of your head

My boy has moved away from Baby Einstien which I could tolerate with him and made the jump to Elmo. Luckily I have banned Barney from the house.

The problem is I go to work with the songs in my head and can't get them out. At night when my wife watches it with him I have to go downstairs. But in the morning while I shower and get ready I play it for him. It's the only way he'll sit still ;\)

I'm sure others must have gone through this, what were your secrets. Morning drive is usally AM sports radio and the FM morning show which is usually just more talk.

I'm going nuts, Elmo's World, The Bear went over the Mountain and the Ants going marching.....
ahhhhahahahaha
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#143437 - 09/12/03 04:12 PM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
ForSquirrels Offline

Loc: Hokie Nation
Well, I've always heard that singing the Seasame Street Theme song helps, but seeing as how your problem is that its kids songs that are already stuck in your head that might not be such a good idea....

Airpower Over Hampton Roads 2008

Top Bookmark and Share

#143438 - 09/12/03 04:41 PM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
20mm Offline

Forums Manager
Lifer

Loc: Tucson AZ
TG,
Enjoy those little rascals, their songs, their books, their everything. 20 years from now (which will be here quicker than you think) you may remember some of those songs and wish you had the kids little again, for just a while.
Forever United States Army Ranger.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143439 - 09/12/03 08:13 PM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
I like to sing
This is my Song
Elmo's Song

La la la la
la la la la
ELMO'S SONG!

He wrote the music
He wrote the words
That's Elmos Song!

Elmo Loves You!

It will never leave you. The only thing you can do is grab an Elmo hand puppet and sing along in falsetto. If you do that, and if the toddler loves it, it makes it bearable. Most Sesame Street music is pretty good, but the Elmo music is not very imaginative. I suspect that ever since Jim Henson passed on, the songwriting has suffered a bit. You can't beat Elmo, you can only join him. After Elmo, comes the Wiggles stage, which is actually pretty good. And Disney's "House of Mouse" actually features the Brian Setzer Orchestra! Stay the course, it gets better.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143440 - 09/13/03 01:20 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
TDog Offline

Loc: WI, USA
I love you
You love me
We're a happy family...

Personal - http://www.myspace.com/tdog2112
Current Band - http://www.myspace.com/jumpingparker

Top Bookmark and Share
#143441 - 09/13/03 04:37 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
The Biss Offline

Loc: Wake Forest, NC
Ya'll know that John Ritter was the voice of Clifford the Big Red Dog?

Top Bookmark and Share
#143442 - 09/13/03 04:47 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
‍Ajax Offline
Bigfoot

Well my older brother introduced me to Black Sabbath when I was five, but YMMV on this one :eek: :D )

Top Bookmark and Share

#143443 - 09/13/03 04:52 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's no cure, Top Gun. It's just one of those things. I'll be 45 in a short time, and I have a 3-year-old daughter. You just have to deal with it. That's what they told me when they let me out of the home last time.

But you can make them more enjoyable when you're singing them. Instead of singing the correct lyrics, make up your own. You'll know you're on the right track if your wife shrieks and says, "Don't you DARE ever sing that in front of the kids!"

Cheers!

Rick... \:D

Top Bookmark and Share
#143444 - 09/13/03 05:18 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer

Loc: Washington state
Sometimes if I play along and sing the song it disappears.

Fan of anyone in Nascar not driving a Camry.

Wondering around in the aftermath of Black Mesa East.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143445 - 09/13/03 08:32 AM Re: Ok parents, I need your help!
Hornit Offline
Contributing Editor

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
TG,

Some of those guys above got it right. Dont sweat it, before long they are going to be teenagers and you will literally break down and cry when you see thier baby/early childhood pics. Just go with the flow and make them smile.

My youngest is almost 12 and I hardly remember what it was like to hold them as little ones. I sung them all too.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town.... \:\) "

Another one that drove me nuts was the one that goes....this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, somebody started singin it and it wont ever end, this is the song that never ends..lalalala!

Enjoy it, make them laugh and dont be afraid to be a kid again, I havent grown up yet. I think my kids like it that way too.

Hornit

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.