Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » A Quick DCG Question
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1337641 - 05/01/04 07:33 PM A Quick DCG Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

How can I reset the Normandy Campaign when I keep getting the message"All German Airfields have been overrun.The campaign has ended."
I just want to clean stuff out,however i'm missing something. Thanks in advance gang

Top Bookmark and Share
#1337642 - 05/01/04 08:35 PM Re: A Quick DCG Question
Aralez Offline

Look here:

LINK

It seems Lowengrin is working on a fix atm.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1337643 - 05/01/04 09:08 PM Re: A Quick DCG Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the heads up link.
Just added my name to the list ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#1337644 - 05/02/04 01:21 AM Re: A Quick DCG Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can hand-set the frontline to be further south or further north when you get the 'overrun' message Chris

I set it to Feuguerollas-sur-Orne or St.Lo usually to quickly check that it's only the soon-to-be-squashed overrun bug

The Normandy campaign is set up for the Allies to push south and for the Axis to drive the Allies into the cold unwelcoming Channel

So setting the frontline to somewhere near the centre of the map minimises the chance of the campaign ending while you're still shipping out \:\)

What I do is to set FB to run in a window at say 800x600 with the FMB running, and another window with the DCG folder open. With those three apps running it doesn't take long to get the campaign up and running: for the Normandy44 coop campaign in my case

Toggle on the Save Missions function from the Mode option. If you get that overrun error, go to the Campaign Settings and change the location of the front to further south or north and hit Generate Mission. Check the mission has been generated and open it the FMB to see where the frontline is now. If it's not where you want it, change the location until the map looks how you want it date-wise (after the fall of Caen or whatever) Play with the frontline it's interesting. And note that where you have a frontline marker on the generated map you also have a location in the Location of Front list... this'll help you to find the locations in that list which aren't easy to find in the FMB map - for setting any convoluted frontlines like bulges and so on

As soon as things have settled down copy the whole DCG folder to a safe place. You can create a Backup Campaign from the Edit option too but making your own backup of the whole campaign can give you an insight into which bits of the DCG are the most sensitive to hacking \:\)

Ming

Top Bookmark and Share
#1337645 - 05/02/04 05:38 AM Re: A Quick DCG Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Mingster. That works ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.