Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » i'm looking for a b/w clip i've seen HUNDREDS of times...
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1305058 - 01/10/04 07:41 AM i'm looking for a b/w clip i've seen HUNDREDS of times...
JakeSnake Offline

Loc: Wisconsin USA
supposedly of Yamamoto's betty bomber taking off from Rabul enroute to his shoot down - can you help?

Top Bookmark and Share
#1305059 - 01/11/04 08:07 AM Re: i'm looking for a b/w clip i've seen HUNDREDS of times...
JakeSnake Offline

somebody?

Top Bookmark and Share

#1305060 - 01/11/04 08:17 AM Re: i'm looking for a b/w clip i've seen HUNDREDS of times...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not the answer you're looking for but these people may be able to help you, sounds like a tough find. If all else fails try the historychannel.com \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#1305061 - 01/11/04 08:39 AM Re: i'm looking for a b/w clip i've seen HUNDREDS of times...
SPOT Offline

Try posting at J-aircraft-Naval A/C forum. Bills itself as a modeling site but they got some REAL gurus there.

http://www.j-aircraft.org/bbs/navy_config.pl

Here is a string on the numbers of airplanes at Midway. Were the Americans 'outnumbered' hmmmm

http://www.j-aircraft.org/bbs/jship_config.pl?read=28320

Yup -They have some real Imperial Japanese Navy Gurus there that can put you on the trail.

Photo above is taken on the day or the day before he was shot down. Location is Rabaul.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1305062 - 01/11/04 08:21 PM Re: i'm looking for a b/w clip i've seen HUNDREDS of times...
JakeSnake Offline

posted - tahnks spot - still hoping someone else has seen this clip and knows where to find it

Top Bookmark and Share
#1305063 - 01/17/04 06:25 PM Re: i'm looking for a b/w clip i've seen HUNDREDS of times...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The History Channel is doing a P-38 show right now and it showed the clip about 5 minutes ago 9:25AM PST I suggest you contact them..

Top Bookmark and Share
#1305064 - 01/18/04 12:41 AM Re: i'm looking for a b/w clip i've seen HUNDREDS of times...
JakeSnake Offline

Thanks for the heads up - was it P-38 Lightning stikes?... i recorded it but didn't see the sequence i was looking for. did i miss it? on the 29th history channel is showing Halsey vs Yamamoto and i hope it might be in there.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.