Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Patch install
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1289785 - 11/12/03 03:15 PM Patch install
STARRON1 Offline

Loc: PENSACOLA fL USA
I have d/l'ed the two parts and since there is no "readme" I just dropped the files into the old folders. I don't get any new a/c or see any changes. What is the correct install inst?

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289786 - 11/12/03 04:42 PM Re: Patch install
Spin Doctor Offline

Loc: Maryland, USA
Unzip the two files into your main FB folder and make sure you have "use folder names" checked in your winzip application.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1289787 - 11/12/03 04:45 PM Re: Patch install
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you want to be certain you install it correctly then unzip the files to a temp folder (one folder for each file) and then look at what each folder contains. Then copy and paste the files into your IL2 FB directory so that they overwrite existing files, you can then be sure you have put them in the proper place. When you start the game you should see 1.2 RC ( or something similar) in the lower left corner.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289788 - 11/12/03 05:29 PM Re: Patch install
Li'lJugs Offline

Loc: St. Cloud MN USA
Yes, if using Winzip, be sure to browse to your main FB folder, then check "yes to all" in overwriting folders.

I'm a dummy, but the install went without a hitch! \:\)
"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the ******* chase you. He will follow. "

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.