Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1289380 - 11/11/03 05:00 PM To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
Hynkel Offline

Loc: Lulea/Norrbotten/Sweden
Is it possible to shut a person out...from making answears to onces post's???

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289381 - 11/11/03 06:43 PM Re: To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
SimHQ Tom Cofield Offline

Loc: Olympia, Washington
You mean to ignore someone?

No, not that I know of.

If someone is giving you a load of grief then e-mail me privately with the link and the person and I will look into it though to see if that person has violated the posting rules. I can delete individual posts as necessary and can ban someone if they really go beyond the bounds of good taste.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1289382 - 11/11/03 07:10 PM Re: To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
Hynkel Offline

Loc: Lulea/Norrbotten/Sweden
Thank you!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289383 - 11/11/03 07:38 PM Re: To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Tom, I'm not coy like Hynkel: sure he will have already e-mailed you whining about me by now: I suspect that you will enjoy a review of the relevant posts - and may care to note the following:

a) I don't use abusive language verging on the obscene.
b) I don't attempt to dictate what others can say and do (freedom of speech within the bounds of decency and all that...)
c) I don't link/draw other's attention to 'copyright dubious' material....

I do however cheerfully 'fess up' to having a sense of humour ;\) I would therefore suggest you 'advise hynkel of his rights' vis-a-vis appropriate language...

Death - unashamed to wash his laundry in public...

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289384 - 11/11/03 07:45 PM Re: To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
OzZiggy Offline

Loc: Back in Australia: missing bav...
no death but you did imply that i didnt have a life once, not that you would know, so you may not swear but you can be just as insulting \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289385 - 11/11/03 07:47 PM Re: To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
Dart Offline
Aviation & Air Combat Co-Editor

Loc: Morrow, GA USA
Oh Death, where is thy sting?

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289386 - 11/11/03 08:07 PM Re: To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shall I say it?

No wait I've promised to be good and I can't see if it's a duck but it sure sounds like one. Or its brother in duckhood \:\)

Ming

Top Bookmark and Share

#1289387 - 11/11/03 08:24 PM Re: To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hee Hee Hee: Oz dear boy, that's true: but that's my whole point about amusing/witty/childish posts, which we all recognise we're all fair game for, and childish foot stamping 'cos you don't like the tone of someone's response.

I enjoy the 'give and take' of witty repartee (I also quite enjoy these boards.... \:D ), but if one wishes to get aggressive, one cannot complain about reasonably tame responses....

Ming for example is, in my view, a supercilious @"*&?? who could be much nicer to poor noobs like me when I'm trying to help the world out 'cos I'm reeely nice... I'm beginning to think he may be OK - but he's gonna have to transfer some cash to my bank account before I'll acknowledge it.

Nonetheless, I don't go off in a huff, cry ,and attempt to have him banned from my 'boardspace'. Whereas "some people" appear entirely happy to take advantage of the technology provided by American knowhow, whilst failing to appreciate the reality of the concept of freedom of thought/speech.

Speaking as someone who spent 18 years defending peacenik Scandinavians from the consequences of their cowardly 'neutrality' (now that should generate some discussion ;\) ), I find it pretty rich to have one of them behaving in a Stalinist mode the instant he doesn't like someone else's tone.

So - let's have a poll: 'guess Hynkel's age from the tone of his posts'. My starting bid? 10 years old.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289388 - 11/11/03 08:26 PM Re: To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

BA_DART: where is it? Its in the salmon mousse (pace Monty Python).... :p

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289389 - 11/11/03 08:34 PM Re: To Admin IL2 Forgotten Battles forum technical...Question?
letterboy1 Offline
Lifer

Loc: Columbus, GA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BA_Dart:
Oh Death, where is thy sting?

"Don't whine, don't whine so, don't whine so close to me."

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.