Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Muzzle Flash
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1288491 - 11/10/03 05:53 PM Re: Muzzle Flash
No105_ Savage Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Good luck, Jaeger, but like all the others, I think you are just pi$$ing into the wind.....
#105 "Dinger" Squadron

"I hope I shall never see the day when the Force of Right is deprived of the Right of Force."
---Winston Churchill

Top Bookmark and Share
#1288492 - 11/10/03 05:57 PM Re: Muzzle Flash
Uther Offline

Loc: Saratoga Springs NY
Dick hit the nail on the head. I've fired the Ma deuce many times and the flash was never a problem in daylight, whatsoever. While firing you don't even really notice it at all. At night however it only took one shot to ruin your night vision.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1288493 - 11/10/03 06:16 PM Re: Muzzle Flash
OzZiggy Offline

Loc: Back in Australia: missing bav...
i remeber on a night exersize the scout called Contact Front!

we did our, go to ground-scurry about bit and i took the gmpg out to the flank using some dead ground of a creek bed.

up i pop , 3 - 5 round burst in the direction of some firing and then my gunners mate calls

TARGETS IN OPEN, RIGHT

i look, nothing, i cant see em

FIRE

so i just swung the barrel right, to where he was pointing and fired

to this day ive always wondered wether my night vision went out the window due to the muzzel flash?

Top Bookmark and Share
#1288494 - 11/10/03 09:28 PM Re: Muzzle Flash
Anonymous
Unregistered

You might be right Savage, but just in case, get the other 105 boys over here and piss with me.

I'm only asking Oleg to reduce it, not remove it, and despite it seeming like a lost cause, I'll continue to do so. Your help would be appreciated.

Issues like this and the sonar sound (unless it's fixed in the patch), shouldn't be given up on to easily.

If Oleg can stick to his guns, (old saying) so can we.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1288495 - 11/10/03 09:46 PM Re: Muzzle Flash
Kraut Offline

Loc: Kit. Ont. Canada
On two big gun exercise, I was #3 on 105s, both in daylight, & there was absolutely nothing like what's in here. I could even see the projectile & the top of its trajectory. Even as a loader with time to spare there was no great flash by any stretch of the imagination, even from side view whilst watching the other guns fire.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!
PS Damn noisy though. For the other gunners, how about that lump in the throat even with mouth wide open & time of discharge. It would last about 12 hrs. in me after each exercise.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1288496 - 11/11/03 04:37 PM Re: Muzzle Flash
JG5_Unkle Offline

Loc: Nottingham UK
IIRC The Muzzle flash was even bigger in the Demo! If it can be reduced once, why not again?

Or have a "There be dragons!" ;\) "Arcade" Muzzle flash

and a more realistic "toned down" version ;\)

The thing is IMHO the opacity is the big issue. I haven't fired anything more than 5.56mm but I have seen bigger stuff (GPMG's etc) and you see a little of what looks like heat-haze. IIRC Oleg said that making the textures opaque would require too much CPU & Dev time so he wouldn't change it.

Unfortunately I think it will just have to be added to the pile of "We know its wrong, but we aren't going to fix it" stuff - and wait until the BoB sim \:\(

Know and use all the capabilities of your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does will kick your ass.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1288497 - 11/11/03 04:42 PM Re: Muzzle Flash
Anonymous
Unregistered

Muzzle fizzle is good fo shizzle.
You see the flash, you feel the burn, bam i got ya!

Top Bookmark and Share

#1288498 - 11/11/03 05:47 PM Re: Muzzle Flash
No105_Ogdens Offline

Loc: Shipdham, Norfolk 1944
Quote:
You might be right Savage, but just in case, get the other 105 boys over here and piss with me.

Always game for a piss up, me! \:\)

Good luck old boy, my vote would be to tone it down. It's a shame to seek to achieve realistic physics only to have it tainted by one arcade visual effect.

Oleg, black 'n' tans will be on me if you change it ok! ;\)

Ogs.

"Cricket itself is an entertainment and does not require such cheerleaders to entertain,"

Top Bookmark and Share
#1288499 - 11/11/03 05:52 PM Re: Muzzle Flash
Anonymous
Unregistered

you have my support if it helps \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#1288500 - 11/11/03 06:27 PM Re: Muzzle Flash
JG5_Unkle Offline

Loc: Nottingham UK
Obviously this has nothing to to with me being unable to see a damn thing when firing the MK-108......

Cough - Cough ;\)

Know and use all the capabilities of your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does will kick your ass.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.