Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1248837 - 10/26/02 07:48 PM TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your baby seems to be well recived with few complaints. I'm interested in hearing from you on current issues and future plans =-).
I think you can step in or a chat without getting mauled.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248838 - 10/26/02 08:56 PM Re: TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah - It's been a long time since a sim came out with so few complaints. Come on back TK!!

...On the other hand, if I were Tucker Hatfield, I'd be pretty wary of stepping into the CFS3 forum.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1248839 - 10/26/02 09:20 PM Re: TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Fishy, thats for sure.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248840 - 10/27/02 11:28 AM Re: TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
Mogster Offline

Loc: England
People seem to be being realistic about this one and waiting to see what happens. I've got to admit I wasn't convinced at first but the recent cockpit screens and positive things on this board have gone a long way to changing my mind. I suspect quite a few others will feel the same way. I may order this one from the US if it doesn't appear on the UK shelves soon.

It would be nice to see some fresh comment from TK on the future development plans for SF though. I think Olegs and the other Ubi staff posts on the IL2 board have shown that you can ignore the nutters and still talk to the serious posters

MOG

[This message has been edited by Mogster (edited 10-27-2002).]

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248841 - 10/27/02 02:36 PM Re: TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
Rambo Offline

Well, it may be a bit difficult to find TK right now...if I were him, I would be off somewhere, lying on a tropical beach, with and IV in my arm of Scotch Whiskey --

Just kidding -- I am sure his follow-on work started back right after the "gold" release around 10/12 or so ---

My guess is a first patch will be forthcoming soon.

Cheers -- Rambo --

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248842 - 10/27/02 04:42 PM Re: TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
TaLoNN Offline

Loc: Jacksonville
You gotta laugh at how these small/starting out companys are able to beat big companies like Microsoft in quality.

I was skeptical that Il-2 would sell well with regular gamers, but when I hear people on First Person shooter forums talking about Il-2 i'm impressed.

IMO TK is another Maddox in the making here

------------------
~VIPER OUT
Viper's Flanker Page

La-5FN, when you absolutly have to kill every one in the air. Accept no substitutes

"Lose sight, Loose the fight"

"You can have computer sights or anything you like, but i think you have to go to the enemy on the shortest distance and knock him down from point blank range. You'll get him from in close. At long distance it's questionable"
~Erich Hartmann

"If you are throughly conversant with tactics, you will recognize the enemy's intentions and thus have many opportunities to win"
~Miyamoto Musashi

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248843 - 10/27/02 04:48 PM Re: TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Viper:
IMO TK is another Maddox in the making here

TK has been around longer than Maddox and has already proven his abilities with EAW, and he also did some work on Longbow2.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1248844 - 10/27/02 05:22 PM Re: TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
TaLoNN Offline

Loc: Jacksonville
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggemenon:
TK has been around longer than Maddox and has already proven his abilities with EAW, and he also did some work on Longbow2.

Didn't know that . Well either way this sim is great. Just love the feel of the F-4. It's a big, heavy, clunky plane with 2 huge engines and tons of armorment to boot. What's not to love about it

------------------
~VIPER OUT
Viper's Flanker Page

La-5FN, when you absolutly have to kill every one in the air. Accept no substitutes

"Lose sight, Loose the fight"

"You can have computer sights or anything you like, but i think you have to go to the enemy on the shortest distance and knock him down from point blank range. You'll get him from in close. At long distance it's questionable"
~Erich Hartmann

"If you are throughly conversant with tactics, you will recognize the enemy's intentions and thus have many opportunities to win"
~Miyamoto Musashi

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248845 - 10/27/02 07:20 PM Re: TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Time to take a bow TK.....then get back to work and squash the few bugs.....I like this sim a lot.....looking forward to all the 3rd party add-ons and new aircraft....this will hopefully follow the path of EAW and just get better and better.
Looking forward to LOMAC also....really think Flanker 2.5 was well done also.....Then we have that sim that's disappointing lots of people including me...you know, the one by M$.......hopefully it will improve...liked CFS2 better, warts and all.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248846 - 10/27/02 10:08 PM Re: TK, I think it's safe to come in.....
Porkchop Offline

Loc: Parma, OH, USA
Just a tad off topic but bear with me here a bit.
Do you guys think this sim will bring new people into the genere ? Will it appeal to the "Tony Hawk _______ (fill in the blank) or heaven forbid even the "console" type gamers ? Actually I give a flying crap about console gamers, but it would be nice if TW sold a butt load of coppies so they could further develompent of this sim....
After all money is the life blood of comerce.

------------------
I love it when a plan comes together. ~ H. Smith "The A-Team".

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.