Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Impressed. Think I'll buy it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1248808 - 10/26/02 05:54 PM Impressed. Think I'll buy it
Anonymous
Unregistered

No moans. No Groans, flames, or personal attacks, just a few bugs and everyone is very confident they will be fixed.
I suppose if any sim survives the first 24 hours in a forum these days, that's high praise.
Now if I can find a copy.......

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248809 - 10/26/02 06:58 PM Re: Impressed. Think I'll buy it
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in line, too.

My copy of CFS3 is going back to EB next week in exchange for this sim.

Also, this will be my first jet sim and the word of mouuth so far seems very favorable.

TCP/IP would be nice eventually. I'm looking for the sim that changed gaming for me the way EAW did. IL-2 came close, but EAW will always have a special place.

Now, will my MS PP FF2 work with this sim?

Thanks!

Top Bookmark and Share

#1248810 - 10/26/02 07:46 PM Re: Impressed. Think I'll buy it
Anonymous
Unregistered

This game seem to be poised to be a commercial success (relatively speaking sim-world wise) and perhaps that will keep Strategy First open to further enhancements from TK.
I can't imagine why MP is missing, maybe TK will ring in, but a strong multiplayer following would help this game commercially quite a bit imo.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248811 - 10/27/02 04:40 AM Re: Impressed. Think I'll buy it
Mike_Toth Offline

Loc: Cleveland Ohio USA
I returned my copy of CFS3..... and got this one..... a lot of potential here.. I kind of equate it to EAW when it first came out..... ..... graphics are pretty sweet.... there are a few hiccups which I'm sure will be weeded out.. the two I found (or maybe just not looking hard enough) are lack of an Ejection command and trim tab controls.....

Otherwise pretty pleased... I can definetely see a Vietnam campaign in the future for this puppy

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248812 - 10/27/02 03:45 PM Re: Impressed. Think I'll buy it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmm.....So far, depite the mentioned quirks I think I`m interested in this one also.
CTD`s, GFX Glitches, etc. are no problem so much for me. Jeesh...if you can get around Mig Alley You can tackle anything I suppose.

Cheers

Boxcar

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248813 - 10/27/02 04:10 PM Re: Impressed. Think I'll buy it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking of mig alley, I never did get around that. I pulled it off the shelf everytime I upgraded for the last few years, and never got further than a campaign mission or 2. Tried it again last week in anticipation of this weeks releases and failed again. Had three excellent campaign missions in Mig Alley and wound up with one that would CTD every time i tried to exit. CTD with 1.23 and .80 user patch too. Just too frustrating for me to deal with right now. I hope my SF:P1 or CFS3 purchase won't lead to the same misery.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248814 - 10/27/02 04:30 PM Re: Impressed. Think I'll buy it
MajorLee Offline

Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
As an aside, what's the issue with CFS3?

------------------
"Can he ever be young again, or was his youth used up in the cockpit of his beloved Thunderbolt?"
MajorLee

Top Bookmark and Share

#1248815 - 10/30/02 05:39 PM Re: Impressed. Think I'll buy it
Anonymous
Unregistered

To E.coli,

The CTD bug in Mig Alley is related to flight plan allocations.
To get past it you have to re-re the bomber flight plans in planning phase.
It`s been awhile but I think it refers to the size of bombs you choose. Something simple like that. You just adjust the loadouts and no more CTD.
When I was buried in this sim a ways back we (a few others)had a work around for this one down pat. That is why I never sold my copy.
I`ve been able to fly full campaign. Haven`t tried the latest patch though.
MA is a complicated animal that can be mastered. (meaning stability).

Cheers

Boxcar

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248816 - 10/30/02 05:42 PM Re: Impressed. Think I'll buy it
Anonymous
Unregistered

To .coli,

Sorry, I meant to say (Bombers), meaning the unflyables, like B-29,s 26,s, etc.
Save every time after mission in campaign. When you get the CTD, revert back and adjust the loadouts and.....whalla!.....fixed.

Cheers

Boxcar

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248817 - 10/30/02 06:59 PM Re: Impressed. Think I'll buy it
Obelix Offline

Is there anybody from Europe that already got this sim? Or does anybody know when this sim will be released in Europe? Is there a chance that the European release will be delayed until the first patch is out (thus a bit like EECH/EEAH).

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.