Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » First User review up at BiohazCentral
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1248481 - 10/24/02 04:49 PM First User review up at BiohazCentral
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a quick heads-up, billwald has posted a short initial review of the retail version of Strike Fighters. Jump on over and take a look.

Biohaz Strike Fighters Review direct link

------------------
MadJeff
http://www.biohazcentral.com
Combat Flight Sim News & Views

[This message has been edited by MadJeff (edited 10-24-2002).]

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248482 - 10/24/02 05:11 PM Re: First User review up at BiohazCentral
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try this *direct link* , so you're not needing to make a bunch of unnecessary clicks to find it.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1248483 - 10/24/02 06:20 PM Re: First User review up at BiohazCentral
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Stiglr:
Try this *direct link* , so you're not needing to make a bunch of unnecessary clicks to find it.

Crap. Thanks Stiglr, it was supposed to be a direct link, that's what I get for trying to type in 6 windows at once while working... =) I edited the link to point directly to the review.

------------------
MadJeff

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248484 - 10/24/02 07:59 PM Re: First User review up at BiohazCentral
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uhm, really not a very good review and typo's just hurt what your trying to do there.

I realize folks want fast reviews but really I'd rather the reviewer take a day or two and sit with the sim then take a day or two and give a really good first look review.

Screenshots also are a must at this point.
I'll be doing a review for a couple of sites just as soon as strat first get's me my copy.

I'll link here so I'll put my money where my mouth is as regards comments about reviews.

Really it's about the message and I think Bio-hazard would be wise to take some time with reviews they build traffic if done well.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248485 - 10/24/02 09:10 PM Re: First User review up at BiohazCentral
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I respect your opinion, but a few points.

First, remember that it is a user review, which means I didn't write it. I will be working on a full BiohazCentral review of Strike Fighters after I pick up my copy tonight, and will be writing a very thorough review over the next week.

Second, He stated in the article that it was a first-impressions type of review, and will be writing more after he messes with it over the next few days as well.

So, i guess you can take it or leave it. =) Considering the amount of money he made writing it and you spent reading it, you got your money's worth... =) If you would like to write a better review, you are more then welcome to post it in the user review section at Biohaz, that's what it's for.

Finally, you have the right to state your opinion so don't get me wrong. But is it just me, or is everyone around the web lately just plain critical of everything?

------------------
MadJeff

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248486 - 10/24/02 09:12 PM Re: First User review up at BiohazCentral
Anonymous
Unregistered

Take it easy El Diablo. The guy who wrote that review was the first on this board aside from Len to get a release copy. He's not a pro reviewer or insider. Some folks here asked him to post a user review on that site. Nothing wrong with a quick and dirty report there.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248487 - 10/24/02 09:18 PM Re: First User review up at BiohazCentral
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uhm sorry I am suffering from I'm an idiotitis!

I did not realize it was a user review. Now that I've poked aroound a bit and get your site better I see more is coming.

Thanks and yes I make mistakes just don't tell anyone

};->!

Top Bookmark and Share

#1248488 - 10/25/02 11:12 PM Re: First User review up at BiohazCentral
Li'lJugs Offline

Loc: St. Cloud MN USA
Well, reading that "user first impression", and considering the open architexture (I just cannot spell that word!!!) of this sim, I will definately be buying it.

Along with FB and, dare I say it, CFS3.

I know there are two sides to this arguement, but I say if you want flightsims, you have to support them, unless they are complete disasters, like Xicat's JSF.

IMHO, Thirdwire is no Xicat.
"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the ******* chase you. He will follow. "

Top Bookmark and Share
#1248489 - 10/25/02 11:28 PM Re: First User review up at BiohazCentral
Guderian Offline

Loc: People's Republic of Sweden
I enjoyed the observations relating to billwald's real life experience. I can get the usual stuff from the reviews on the usual gaming sites.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.