Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Calling Major Lee and TK
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1234599 - 03/22/01 08:16 PM Calling Major Lee and TK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello!

Despite this being a jet sim, would you consider including the A-26(actually called B-26 at that time)Invader? My father flew these alongside various jet aircraft both during and well after the close of the Korean War. It was during this interim period that the Invader was THE CHOICE for mud moving operations. The inclusion of the player-flyable Invader would be a first in sims, and a great tribute to the aircaft.

Serb

------------------
Serb's EAW Flightline

[This message has been edited by Serb (edited March 22, 2001).]

Top Bookmark and Share
#1234600 - 03/22/01 11:42 PM Re: Calling Major Lee and TK
MajorLee Offline

Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
The A26 would be cool, but I believe that Project1 will be limited to an already fixed aircraft list, as stated at the ThirdWire website and the interview with TK at Dogfighter.com. I think the A26 would be a great air support ship; lots of weapons, long loiter time.... As open as P1 is, it wouldn't surprise me to see it, at least as a user made aircraft. Personally, come hell or high water, I will be flying around in a.... well, you know what, don't you Serb???

------------------
"Can he ever be young again, or was his youth used up in the cockpit of his beloved Thunderbolt?"
MajorLee

Top Bookmark and Share

#1234601 - 03/23/01 01:04 AM Re: Calling Major Lee and TK
‍Ajax Offline
Bigfoot

For some reason that doesn't surprise me, Major

I think my main project would be an Avro Arrow, though. Closely followed by a DAUNTLESS!! HAHAHA!!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1234602 - 03/23/01 01:27 AM Re: Calling Major Lee and TK
MajorLee Offline

Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
ROFLMAO!! Yeah, Ajax, that was me... the old "give the kid an apple, send him to school, and what's he do?? He eats the teacher!".... Anyway, what's that they say about old dog, new tricks???
Well, not just any Thunderbolt, but the only dreamed about P47Q.... a wishful production version of the XP72 with an R4360 Wasp Major engine making 4000hp at WEP, contra-rotating prop, 4-20mm's, "N" style blunt wings with 200 extra gallons of fuel and 98degrees per second roll rate.... It would have had 570 gallons of fuel internally, and would have been able to carry, oh, say, 6,000+lbs of ordnance, and still make 500mphTAS at altitude. P47N's were flown in the FEAF with gross take off weights of 22,500 lbs, and that was with the 2800hp@WEP R-2800 engine. I'll get one somewhere.... somehow...

------------------
"Can he ever be young again, or was his youth used up in the cockpit of his beloved Thunderbolt?"
MajorLee

[This message has been edited by MajorLee (edited March 22, 2001).]

Top Bookmark and Share
#1234603 - 03/23/01 03:10 AM Re: Calling Major Lee and TK
BBury Offline

Loc: Houston,Texas
I want a OV-1 or OV-10. I think doing a little FAC would be fun. I guess thats what the F-100 "Misty" is for though.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1234604 - 03/24/01 05:23 AM Re: Calling Major Lee and TK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Serb: Great suggestion! I'll put it on the list of "planes we want to do, but we probably won't have time for them ourselves"

btw, dig your Me.262 skins for EAW!

TK
--

Top Bookmark and Share
#1234605 - 03/25/01 05:12 AM Re: Calling Major Lee and TK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Mr. Kawahito!

It is a great pleasure to receive your response, and I am honoured that you dig my 262 skins!

Major,

I was guessing the XP-72...one can only imagine what that bird could have done if it had entered the war! Talk about improved aerodynamics!

------------------
Serb's EAW Flightline

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.