Forum Archives » Complete » EAW » different 7217 error situation, interesting
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1069870 - 11/22/02 01:55 PM different 7217 error situation, interesting
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been playing EAW for years, on my system. A couple of days ago I accidently deleted the drivers for my Voodoo 4 4500. Had to take it into the shop and the guys there had to install some beta drivers off the net for it to get it to work. Took said PC home and tried to run EAW. Error 7217.
Red Baron 3d ran. EAW no ran. So I uninstalled EAW and reinstalled. Of course, it was only version 1.0, I didn't upgrade to 1.2, so maybe that would help. But I've been playing EAW for years on this PC, why did reinstalling the voodoo card cause this?
Just in case I need to, how do I disable the onboard graphics so that the voodoo card gets priority?

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069871 - 11/22/02 04:58 PM Re: different 7217 error situation, interesting
Col. Gibbon Offline

Loc: Fleet, Hampshire, England.
Hi There!

You will have to go into the BIOS setup to disable your on board graphic's card.

To enter the menu, reboot your computer and hold down delete.

At home, with my loving wife Kasia and children, Thomas, Jessica & little Nicola. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share

#1069872 - 11/22/02 05:02 PM Re: different 7217 error situation, interesting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why thank you Col.
But when I get in there, where do I disable the on board thing? What's it called in there? I've been in there before, but I'm not all that familiar with it.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069873 - 11/22/02 08:15 PM Re: different 7217 error situation, interesting
Col. Gibbon Offline

Loc: Fleet, Hampshire, England.
Hi Again!

Well I reckon you need to looking in either Advanced Chipset Features, Which is where my Graphic's port settings are located, or Integrated Peripherls, which is where My on board sound card is diaabled. I don't have an Intel graphic chipset on my motherboard, so as to where it's exactly located in the BIOS, I'm not certain.

At home, with my loving wife Kasia and children, Thomas, Jessica & little Nicola. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.