Forum Archives » Complete » EAW » Sound problem
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1069811 - 11/21/02 06:21 PM Sound problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey folks; here is my problem. I have been trying to get EAW to work for a year now and I am just about bald from the process. I have two confussers. One an AMD K-6 based machine and my new made for flight sims Pentium based machine. The sim runs fine on the pentium machine excep (and this is the same problem I have with my older machine)that I get no sound for the single engined aircraft. No engine sounds, no gun sounds. I do get the radio chatter and bullet strike sounds but not my own engine or gun sounds. Yes the flap sounds and landing gear sounds come through. The bomber engilne sounds come through and I can hear there gun sounds when I am close enough to them. I have added Meatwaters sounds with know effect, Serbs too. Nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

------------------
Peace

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069812 - 11/21/02 06:48 PM Re: Sound problem
Skylark Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Blackbeer 303
This thread may help you with this problem...
I found it by using the search feature of this forum and reguessed "no sounds". Try it there were other posts on the same subject..

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/Forum41/HTML/013107.html

Also as a recent Junior Member to this forum community, you qualify for a Welcome Babe Post ..... enjoy

------------------
"You can't soar like an Eagle when your surrounded by Turkeys"

http://www.sandbaggereaw.com/skylark.html

Top Bookmark and Share

#1069813 - 11/21/02 09:14 PM Re: Sound problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the link and the special eye opener. After 55 years on this planet it`s nice to be a juniour (oops spelling) member. The info in the link you sent me was interesting in that I am not the only one who has had this problem. There is a link in a couple of these posts that might help me alot but I get the old "this page cannot be viewed" message. But at least I have a place to start. Thank you very much. I sometimes wounder why I ever turned on my first confusser 2 years ago. I never realized how dumb I was.

------------------
Peace

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069814 - 11/21/02 10:51 PM Re: Sound problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

What kind of card do you have?
I just went through the same here are two things I had to do. I ahve a GeForce4 card
Settings/Control Panel/Multi Media/Audio/Playbacksection-Performance under Audio Playback I ahve the arrow two notches to the right. and have the sample full right. Then go to Control Panel/Settings/Advanced/Performance set the Hardware Accel full right. If this setting does not work start to move the arrow left one notch at a time until it works.
I'am an old frat too (56) and and these things drive me nuts sometimes. I do love the EAW and fly mostly the FW's Good luck

------------------
AMD 1800+
Windows XP Home w/ SP1
786 mb RAM
GeForce4 Ti 4400 using 30.82
MS FFB2 and X45 joystick
Sound Balster 1.6

gsedwards@qwest.net

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069815 - 11/21/02 11:33 PM Re: Sound problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey thanks; The only thing in common between both my confussers is that they both have nvidia based cards. The pentium has a Gforce 2Ti. Let me give this a try. By the way how do you like that card? Mine is put out by MCI and everyone says its a great card but I am starting to have my doubts. I also installed CFS3 on my new computer and it totaly sucks. And the worst thing about it is it installed DirX 8,2a which I realy don`t like. Oh well. As soon as I started building this machine it was obsolete. But what the heck; the flight sims I like are too. Thanks again and I`ll try your suggestions.

------------------
Peace

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069816 - 11/22/02 12:16 AM Re: Sound problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go to this thread in the archives for a detailed explanation:

simhq.com/.../Forum72/HTML/005785.html

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069817 - 11/22/02 12:32 AM Re: Sound problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Jolly good show. Thank you both. I now have sound. As soon as I put my horse back in her playpin I will be lost in the finest form of combat. Thanks again Steven and JWC32.

------------------
Peace

Top Bookmark and Share

#1069818 - 11/22/02 03:55 AM Re: Sound problem
dBeav Offline

Loc: Belleville, MI, US
Oh, just wait till you start adding sound packs...... muhahahahahahaha!

------------------
352FG Maj. Dave "dBeav" Pennington
352nd F.G.

Oberleutnant Biber II/JG2 Stab
II/JG2 Richthofen

An EAW Community project... turma.net

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069819 - 11/22/02 07:35 AM Re: Sound problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Funny you should mention addons. I sat down infront of this thing at 4:00 this afternoon and it is now almost 11:00 and I have been cramming my folder with goodies. I am in real trouble. But what fun. I only wish my phone line wasn`t such a piece trash so I could play this game on line. Although living in the sticks has its advantages I am deffinatly techchalanged.

------------------
Peace

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069820 - 11/22/02 01:47 PM Re: Sound problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackbeer303:
Hey thanks; The only thing in common between both my confussers is that they both have nvidia based cards. The pentium has a Gforce 2Ti. Let me give this a try. By the way how do you like that card? Mine is put out by MCI and everyone says its a great card but I am starting to have my doubts. I also installed CFS3 on my new computer and it totaly sucks. And the worst thing about it is it installed DirX 8,2a which I realy don`t like. Oh well. As soon as I started building this machine it was obsolete. But what the heck; the flight sims I like are too. Thanks again and I`ll try your suggestions.

The same thing. I installed CFS3 and have not been able to fly it. At first I could, but the joystick would not work well, then it started to lock up and I can not get it to work at all. I would have liked to play it, because it does have some nice features ie the progressive campaign and scoring.
I like the card, I have a digital flat screen which I can get 1600 X 1200 res. It really make EAW look great. The on-add on that I like is the 2000 v 1.6 controller. It lets you set res, joystick, and number of flights. I did find that some of the editors, and controlers do not work with XP. You can try to set the compatability under proporties, but some programes do not work with NT which XP works under. ECA will work and is fun, With EAW it is ease to change the program. The most important thing is to keep notes of the tpc and 3dz files in each programe as a reference as to waht is loaded into the ini. What I did after awhile is to set up several EAW programes, use one to experiment on, so if it gets all messed up you can delete and start over. To do this when you load the game it will ask you for a place to store it. So C;/Programe File/what name you what to call them. Just watch when you load the add-ons to reference the file you are experimenting with. Good luck

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.