Forum Archives » Complete » EAW » Question
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1069772 - 11/21/02 12:45 PM Question
Kraut Offline

Loc: Kit. Ont. Canada
Is the gun/cannon convergence on the planes a little off? I've noticed with the A8 that the tracers just seem to spray out in a very large pattern & also low. This is even @ 200 to 300 m. I gather the hit bubble is smaller but I still can't take out engines individually as before. When I do get hits with all guns/cannons, it seems to take quit a few to get results. This is all with OAW.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069773 - 11/21/02 03:34 PM Re: Question
Chompy Offline

Loc: Wharminda, Sth Australia
Hi Kraut,
Actually, there is no convergence! If you park your A/C, and use the CTRL F12 to zoom in front where the bullets will fly, you will see that they all are in parrallel streams.

When you say this is with OAW, do you mean with Knegel's RP2.0? This has the smaller hitbubbles but 20mm cannons and 30's in particular should get quick results if you hit the target.

Chompy.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1069774 - 11/21/02 06:50 PM Re: Question
Kraut Offline

Loc: Kit. Ont. Canada
Back @ ya Chompy. Yes, this is with RP2 or 2.1. The bullets seem to just spray out,& lower than the pip centre. Even when I bring the view in & aim @ an engine, the projectile stream seems to b be all over the place. I've got quit a few years of this stuff but it still could be me.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1069775 - 11/22/02 12:02 AM Re: Question
Chompy Offline

Loc: Wharminda, Sth Australia
Yeah, I hear you! I doubt if it's you - EAW ain't perfect, and this is one of those bits we've grown to accept and allow for I guess. I've also noticed that some Armaments seem to converge below the pipper. The 262 seems to be out slightly. Could be the muzzle velocity on the 30mm's - I dunno.

With EAW Aicraft edit you can change the MV and Dispersion factor of the guns. This could be worth playing around with, but then you enter the whole FM incompatibility grey area, and you've probably been there before

Chompy.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.