OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have?

Posted by: Stick Boy

OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/11/04 11:48 PM

Now that we have picked our favorites let's pick our least favorites in the long gun, pistol, and edged weapon categories.

Long gun-Reising Model 50 SMG guarnteed to jam when you needed it most. Many Reisings were tossed overboard by Marines who dreaded carrying the weapon into combat

Pistol-Type 94 Pistol-Japanese pistol which probably killed more operators of the weapon than targets

Edged weapon- The Polish Lance-only because it was a primary weapon of many Polish Calvary Units going up against tanks and machine guns
Posted by: Rick.50cal

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 12:41 AM

I would arm my enemies all with Liberator pistols! very low rate of fire, tabletop max effective range, low penetration...yea! \:D
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 12:47 AM

Rocks, the weapon of choice for jihadists all over.

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 01:30 AM

A Home-Guard broom handle.

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 01:36 AM

Can of vodka.
Posted by: Dick Dastardly

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 01:57 AM

very large satchel charges with 1/2 second fuses.
Posted by: Ivan Putski

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 02:25 AM

Playboy magazines. Puts
Posted by: JG3_Rumpelhardt

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 04:18 AM

A Japanese bolt action rifle I forget what its called. I tried one of these things out once and if that represents the best the Japanese could muster building weapons in World War 2 I have to wonder how thay made it as far as they did.
Posted by: Otto3

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 05:21 AM

An unloaded plastic banana
Posted by: -=Raz=-

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 05:43 AM

Glad you asked!

http://il2.razadoo.com/downloads/boom.zip

2.3MB
Posted by: Georgio

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 09:06 AM

That straight-pull bolt action rifle that tends to unlock on firing taking the shooters' eye out...own goal! \:D

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 01:55 PM

Foul mouth. In some foreign language i don'r understand.

J.

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 02:14 PM

C in french
Posted by: Kamikuza

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 02:19 PM

Potato gun.

Not a gun that fires a whole potato, but those little 'Action Man' guns that you dug the barrel in the potato then fired the pellet at your friends head while your mother screamwed something about '... putting an eye out with that thing ...'
Posted by: Dart

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 04:54 PM

Colorful propaganda.

The more idealistic the better.

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 05:26 PM

sling shot & bb's
Posted by: JorBR

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/12/04 05:56 PM

Japanese katana. Absolutely beautifull, very pugnacious looking but, com´on, RL is not like "The Last Samurai".

Anyway, if some japanese officer got killed because that big sword was disturbing him, at least he died with glory.
Posted by: Yakkalot

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/13/04 06:36 AM

An arisaka.

It was the biggest, longest (and I *think* heaviest) rifle of WW2, it also was one of the poorest performers.

That italian breda MG was pretty poxy too...
Posted by: Skii

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/13/04 09:16 AM

Very sharp fruit.
Posted by: Koala

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/13/04 12:05 PM

LOL -=Raz=- !!!!

You can see it coming eh?

"Thats right son. Just stand there... its only a .22 bunny gun. Lean back a little if it helps you aim. Don't hold it too tight now. Relax that shoulder. Now gently squeeze the trigger..."

Yep - I laughed my ring out watching that and realised that I am a less kind human than I thought I was. \:\)

Re: OT-Which WW2 infantry weapon would u prefer your enemy have? - 02/14/04 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by [MA]Skii:
Very sharp fruit.
I'm particulary afraid of homicidal maniacs with bunchs of loganberries, and passion fruits.

J.