Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » VEF and GV info please
Topic Options
Hop to:
#971113 - 03/19/02 12:30 PM VEF and GV info please
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok let's pretend for a moment that I have no clue how the VEF missions are organised - even though Backstop has written lots of good info for us on this... sorry mate

I'm not very good at paperwork - scary reports and so on - but I had fun in a VEF mission last night, all pilots were cool and the sortie was very interesting - I was wondering where everybody had got to

I'd like to host too cos I get many sub-80ms pings from Continental Europe but I know that I have to have some client that'll download a mission for us - could someone please tell me how I get joining a mission and also hosting a mission organised please? I don't want to just barge in...

I've tried GameVoice on three different mobos on two operating systems and two soundcards and it'll never pass the hardware test, even though all the other voice comms clients work and Messenger voice comms works fine - MS at it again

Anyone have any ideas on why GV won't work for me on my XP/Audigy system? (also ME/TB)

Could we maybe use RW Mk 1c or 1d (only) as well as GV? - nightmare without voice comms it is... and the HL built-in "Ask someone to join RW" seems to be a doddle... (thanks jiri)

The RW Tuner adds channels to RW but you need a server to host it, but multi-Squadron sections can do the "Ask..." thing if bandwidth isn't a problem?

Some voice comms programs don't release the soundcard properly (no names MS) when closing a client down, so switching around them can be fraught

Ming

Fog In Channel - Continent Cut Off

Top Bookmark and Share
#971114 - 03/19/02 12:44 PM Re: VEF and GV info please
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer

Loc: Vienna, 2nd rock left.
http://www.sigolweb.com/vov/

There you need the Bunker Password for creating a mission.

The website will create a mission and let you download it.

Thats the whole magic.

Top Bookmark and Share

#971115 - 03/19/02 01:01 PM Re: VEF and GV info please
Jippo Offline

Loc:
Sorry Ming, no help from me....

I more like need help. Whole question of voice comms puzzles me. I downloaded RW while ago, put it in, but didn't get it working.

What is the procedure to get voicecomms working in HL dogfight or co-op?

Is there something else than RW I should consider for Il-2?

Problem is that I don't belong to any squadron so it is difficult, if not impossible, to agree with people beforehand. I would just like to pop in and communicate. Possible or not?

Cheers mates!

-jippo

Top Bookmark and Share
#971116 - 03/19/02 01:03 PM Re: VEF and GV info please
Backstop Offline

Loc: The Hague, Netherlands
Lol....pages and pages i've written about this stuff, and still he doesn't get it....starting to believe that lamer stuff

RS is right about the missions....i'll put the bunker password in the War Room, so you can download....see my other posts in there for how and when to do that...

And also (when you are hosting) about the reporting bit....responsibility of the host that is...

[edit] About the voice comms: anybody else having the problem that when i start up RW (mk c), XP somehow disables my mike boost?
------------------
European Air Force

[This message has been edited by Backstop (edited 03-19-2002).]

Top Bookmark and Share
#971117 - 03/19/02 01:11 PM Re: VEF and GV info please
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jippo: Sorry Ming, no help from me....

Get your own thread dagnabbit!

I downloaded RW while ago, put it in, but didn't get it working

Takes a while Jippo yep - don't give up on it though, and only use Mk 1c or Mk 1d versions to start with - I'll send it on if you give me a shout

Is there something else than RW I should consider for Il-2?

It's built-in to HL so - no

A standard would be good for multi-squad/pilot ops...

Problem is that I don't belong to any squadron so it is difficult, if not impossible, to agree with people beforehand

Have a look at:

http://www.europeanaf.org/indexie.html

For the EAF...

I would just like to pop in and communicate. Possible or not?

Yep of course... Check the "Ask someone to join a RW session" at HL once it's working or find someone to help you test RW

RS: There you need the Bunker Password for creating a mission

Thanks mate

Ming

Top Bookmark and Share
#971118 - 03/19/02 01:13 PM Re: VEF and GV info please
Anonymous
Unregistered

starting to believe that lamer stuff

I gave you fair warning Backstop!

Printing everything out this time mate... I'll get there eventually

Ming

Top Bookmark and Share
#971119 - 03/19/02 06:40 PM Re: VEF and GV info please
Anonymous
Unregistered

About Roger Wilco:

The latest GameSpy versions of RW are CRAP.

Full of bugs, don't work on a lot of systems.

Unfortunately, the last version that *did* work with most systems 1c, is not available. Figures. It isn't full of the GameSpy crapware and half-implemented features.

I have standardized my squad on 1c, and we have only a few problems with it from time to time. One is when the user fails to disable IL-2s voice feature; this results in garbled noise transmissions, but in game only. Once the IL2 voice feature is disabled, RW usually works like a charm.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.