Forum Archives » Complete » EAW » ATTENTION...Owners of the new Su-2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#783415 - 02/11/01 11:14 PM ATTENTION...Owners of the new Su-2
Tailspin Offline

Loc: Metropolis,Ill USA
Ummm...While testing the Yak-9 conversion,I discovered a compatibility issue with the SU-2 and Yak 9. It caused CTD's! I think it was due to both using the same cockpits. I have modified the Su-2 file and have it fixed...I hope. You will probably need to download the new zip for the Su-2. I apologize for any inconvience.
http://server3003.freeyellow.com/tailspinzskinz
Again its on the "3dz only" page. There is a pic now.

------------------
Joke 'em if they can't take a ....

Top Bookmark and Share
#783416 - 02/12/01 12:03 AM Re: ATTENTION...Owners of the new Su-2
Anonymous
Unregistered

I told you repeatedly...

Anyway, a nice skin - some issues remain (I speak about the CTD-version now, haven't downloaded the fixed version yet):

Look at the front of the canopy, also on the sides on the back - the light blue... This is caused by being maybe one pixel off the "transparency shape" - hope you know what I mean.

Still, an advance from the old no-prop/PAW shape!

Stan

------------------
'Tis but a scratch. Your arm's off!!! No it isn't.
Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left. Yes I have. Look! Just a flesh wound.

Stan's Stuff
EAW RNZAF Squadrons HQ
No.486 (NZ) Squadron
No.14 (Virtual) Squadron, RNZAF (Currently inactive, update in progress)

Top Bookmark and Share

#783417 - 02/12/01 05:59 AM Re: ATTENTION...Owners of the new Su-2
Tailspin Offline

Loc: Metropolis,Ill USA
Hi Stanley...
Does the old skin crash on you too? I thought that was the problem but now I'm not sure. It seems the Yak 9D 3dz does not like to have its normals corrected? After I redid the cockpit files for the Su2 and got everything reinstalled everything worked fine. I went back to working on the Yak and when I would try the new corrected 3dz EAW would CTD everytime I tried to start a mission. Replaced it with the uncorrected 3dz and it runs fine.??? Actually the blue spots on the rear sides are a compromise for not having enough room to do a real turret. I just painted in the bottom part. And the other spots aren't mistakes...it's fog in the corners...it's cold at altitude.

------------------
Joke 'em if they can't take a ....

Top Bookmark and Share
#783418 - 02/12/01 05:24 PM Re: ATTENTION...Owners of the new Su-2
Anonymous
Unregistered

No it didn't crash here, but I put the skinand it's files manually in the main folder, and didn't have other russian skins/shapes present there at this time.

I just had a short "test-flight" with it, so to speak.

Thought so about the rear turret( maybe take a look how Sheep got around this problem in the Avenger)...

Stan

------------------
'Tis but a scratch. Your arm's off!!! No it isn't.
Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left. Yes I have. Look! Just a flesh wound.

Stan's Stuff
EAW RNZAF Squadrons HQ
No.486 (NZ) Squadron
No.14 (Virtual) Squadron, RNZAF (Currently inactive, update in progress)

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.