Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » A every geek's wet dream coming true?
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2145352 - 02/23/07 10:22 PM A every geek's wet dream coming true?
Desert Eagle Offline

Loc: Portugal
Full Article

Quote:
Justice League of America Movie Announced

Warner Bros. is aiming to make comic-book geeks around the world pee their pants. They have hired a team of writers to script a live-action feature film which will include most of DC Comics superhero line-up: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash, and more.

It has been previously reported that both Christian Bale (Batman Begins) and Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) have contract options to star in a Superman vs. Batman movie. I wonder if Warner’s legal team could spin that stipulation into the JLA idea. The studio is also trying to greenlight a Wonder Woman film. I assume that the lead star’s contract will include a JLA option.

This has the making of becoming another camping frenzy at the box office's for a ticket.

"I some times wonder if I finished the Internet"

Top Bookmark and Share
#2145376 - 02/23/07 10:58 PM Re: A every geek's wet dream coming true? [Re: Desert Eagle]
Colt40Five Offline

Loc: Heart of Dixie
I don't know....with the track record of MOST comic-based movies I think the geeks are jaded and will wait until there is no doubt that it is something to get excited about.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2145377 - 02/23/07 11:00 PM Re: A every geek's wet dream coming true? [Re: Colt40Five]
Master Offline

Loc: NW Alabama, USA
How will they introduce that many complex characters into the movie in only 2 hours?

Theoretical Space Combat and Travel Discussion Forum
www.Obelisks.net

Top Bookmark and Share
#2145392 - 02/23/07 11:23 PM Re: A every geek's wet dream coming true? [Re: Master]
Max Power Offline

Loc: Houston
Never happen. Or at least it will be second-tier characters. A lot of the old characters like Bats and Superman are owned by the old creators or acquired comic companies. The legalities of getting them on screen at the same time will be crazy. DC recently canceled the superboy comic and killed off the character so they would not have to pay Siegel & Schusters family royalties. You will also find no mention of the name Superboy or Superman on Smallville for the same reason. Its really sad.

That being said, Marvel Comics owns all their copyrights I believe, so we are more likely to see an Avengers movie before a good JLA movie.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2145412 - 02/24/07 12:05 AM Re: A every geek's wet dream coming true? [Re: Max Power]
peppergomez Offline

hmm, wonder twin powers form of an icecube and an elephant! will they have jan and whoever else twin that was?

Edited by peppergomez (02/24/07 12:06 AM)
GameXStream 700W PSU
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
SoundBlasterX-Fi
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo
winxp sp2

Top Bookmark and Share
#2146759 - 02/26/07 12:51 PM Re: A every geek's wet dream coming true? [Re: peppergomez]
Jedi Master Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Space Coast, USA
Was that Dean?

The Jedi Master

Top Bookmark and Share
#2146901 - 02/26/07 04:00 PM Re: A every geek's wet dream coming true? [Re: Jedi Master]
Max Power Offline

Loc: Houston
Form of - Water! Form of - A surfboard!

Top Bookmark and Share

#2146910 - 02/26/07 04:12 PM Re: A every geek's wet dream coming true? [Re: Max Power]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Max Power
Form of - Water! Form of - A surfboard!

Wonder Twin powers....ACTIVATE! lol.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2146919 - 02/26/07 04:19 PM Re: A every geek's wet dream coming true? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Jedi Master Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Space Coast, USA
I remember a funny bit about them on Family Guy. \:\)

The Jedi Master

Top Bookmark and Share
#2146920 - 02/26/07 04:20 PM Re: A every geek's wet dream coming true? [Re: Jedi Master]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
I remember a funny bit about them on Family Guy. \:\)

The Jedi Master

LOL! Is there anything which Family Guy has NOT made a reference to? That South Park episode was so on the money.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.