Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1806076 - 12/03/05 06:20 PM What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
MGonzales Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
You know, those select few CDs you always seem to be listening to out of the hundreds in your collection? But list only the ones hardly anyone you know have heard of.

Here's three of mine (using Borders.com [Amazon] for reference)...

Ray Lynch - Deep Breakfast...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...=music&n=507846

Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...=glance&s=music

Cast in Bronze - Arrival
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...=glance&s=music

I won't go past three but you can if you want to.

And for bonus points, what's the one (and only ONE this time) CD you and your significant other most agree on as your favorite (popular or not).

Ours is...

Donald Fagan - The Nightfly...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...=music&n=507846
--

Mark

Top Bookmark and Share
#1806077 - 12/03/05 06:35 PM Re: What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
Davros Offline

Loc: Liverpool
"Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds" - hardly anyone you know have heard of.....

You kidding that is an absolute classic....

Top Bookmark and Share

#1806078 - 12/03/05 06:40 PM Re: What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
MGonzales Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
"Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds" - hardly anyone you know have heard of.....

You kidding that is an absolute classic....
Sorry, I saw only "13 customer reviews" on Amazon and figured it qualified.

But now I read on that link...

"Amazingly, the eccentric project was a massive success, selling over 13 million copies and staying on the U.K. charts for over 260 weeks straight."

I guess it didn't do as well in the US. Ok, scratch that one.

Edit: My older brother bought the LP when I was 10 or so. He's the only other person I know who owns it.
--

Mark

Top Bookmark and Share
#1806079 - 12/03/05 06:43 PM Re: What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
PFunk Offline

Loc: N. Central Texas
Guster - Lost & Gone Forever

But, then, I work with a bunch of rednecks.

Chuck
"Let all that you do be done in love." 1 Cor 16:14 (NAS)

"We have coveted our neigbor's possessions and called it taxes." - Rev. Joe Wright

www.sixmanfootball.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#1806080 - 12/03/05 07:41 PM Re: What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
ForSquirrels Offline

Loc: Hokie Nation
Quote:
Originally posted by Parliament of P. Funk:

Chuck
Great band. I have most of their cds, except the newest one. They make it onto my playlist every once in a while.

Muse is a band that I like a lot. I picked up a cd of theirs last year, not really anyone else I know in the US knows about them, maybe more popular in the UK since thats where they are from. Funny thing is that I was trading music with one of my professors and she said she got a cd that someone recemended to her but she didnt like so she gave it to me...the first Muse cd. Sweet!!

Airpower Over Hampton Roads 2008

Top Bookmark and Share
#1806081 - 12/03/05 08:16 PM Re: What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
Patrocles Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I tend to lean to music with minimal, or lacking, vocals. This type of music is less intrusive because i'm not constantly stopping to try and figure out the lyrics! \:D

most recent repeats:
Symbiosis - Clandestine Electronic Subculture
Kraftwerk - Tour de France
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Beethoven - Symphony No. 6 "Pastoral"
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
-Rudyard Kipling

Top Bookmark and Share
#1806082 - 12/03/05 10:48 PM Re: What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
PFunk Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ForSquirrels:
Quote:
Originally posted by Parliament of P. Funk:

Chuck
Great band. I have most of their cds, except the newest one. They make it onto my playlist every once in a while.

Muse is a band that I like a lot. I picked up a cd of theirs last year, not really anyone else I know in the US knows about them, maybe more popular in the UK since thats where they are from. Funny thing is that I was trading music with one of my professors and she said she got a cd that someone recemended to her but she didnt like so she gave it to me...the first Muse cd. Sweet!!
First time I saw Guster live at the Caravan of Dreams in Fort Worth, I was blown away because the drummer used his hands the entire show. I had never seen anything like it. Their music is just awesome, but they do the best live show I've ever seen.

Chuck

"We have coveted our neigbor's possessions and called it taxes." - Rev. Joe Wright

www.sixmanfootball.com

Top Bookmark and Share

#1806083 - 12/03/05 11:29 PM Re: What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
MGonzales Offline

This is great! I've never even heard of Guster before and I'm already hooked on the sample of Happier. If this isn't windows down sunroof open cruising music I don't know what is! My wife is also going to like this one.

This is the very reason I started this thread.
--

Mark

Top Bookmark and Share
#1806084 - 12/03/05 11:42 PM Re: What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
PFunk Offline

Kick ass song, and yes. It IS the perfect road trip band.

Chuck

www.sixmanfootball.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#1806085 - 12/04/05 03:23 AM Re: What unknown or unpopular CDs are in your goto stash...
Davros Offline

Loc: Liverpool
"Muse is a band that I like a lot"

Little known fact the same people who did the modelling for the mighty I-War did the cgi for
sing absolution by muse
http://extreme.colonelblimp.com/directors/ark/movies/ARK_muse_absolution_S.mov

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.