Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Any Cesspoolers here?
Page 30 of 30 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30
Topic Options
Hop to:
#992839 - 01/21/02 04:09 AM Re: Any Cesspoolers here?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mace_MBT:

Hacking the game engine and replacing the opponent's engines with 2-stroke lawnmowers. That..that...that's just gamey!

You were lucky, I had a diesel engine!

Top Bookmark and Share
#992840 - 01/21/02 04:27 AM Re: Any Cesspoolers here?
Anonymous
Unregistered

In last nights 3 hour session with scumbags Mace and Speedy, I managed the grand total of about 40 self induced crashes and no kills.
Only once did I land any hits at all (on Speedy I think) and in my excitement I missed my rudder key and went back to the desktop!
Needless to say, when I returned, Speedy was gone and Russia had a new, mysterious crop circle.

Cess Patrol-"Please return your seat to the upright position and prepare for impact"

Top Bookmark and Share

#992841 - 01/21/02 07:05 AM Re: Any Cesspoolers here?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Geier:
Roighty-toight

Been flying a bit tonight with fellow poolers Rune, RoboRat and ParaBellum and we had a whole lot of fun blowing each other to smithereens and creating craters faster than an 105mm VT arty strike.

Speaking of which, I think I showed Rune and RoboRat how to take out an enemy convoy AND your wingmates at the same time. Here's how:

Set up a co-op mission with your side flying the IL-2. Load the IL-2 with something called "Cassette". Set bomb delay for 10 seconds. This is important. Try to get off the ground. It's almost impossible but brilliant people like me who talk loud in restaurants can and do. Approach target. Make sure you're coming in first with your wingies right behind you. Drop the bomberoonies. Sadly I did not see what happened next but it must have been beautiful, judging from the garbled curses I heard before RW quit.
I even think they shot at me.

Imagine that.

Johan

[This message has been edited by Geier (edited 01-20-2002).]

So that was what you dropped. Getting tired of crashing on take-off, I was playing tail gunner for Rune at the time. I was in external view watching the the impressive sight of the hail of death from the two ILs heading in the general (within about 100 degrees anyway), with you getting slightly ahead, when suddenly the sky was full of small square thingies, then an an mighty huge explosion and wall of flame right in front and beside us. The next thing I saw, when the smoke cleared, was the right wing of our plane, having decided that it had had enough and go home, go fluttering by the plane, with the rest of the plane soon following in an impressive spiral landing. And to add insult to injury, we didn't even manage to crash on the convoy.

------------------
cess air: "where not only the flying stinks"

Top Bookmark and Share
#992842 - 01/21/02 08:44 AM Re: Any Cesspoolers here?
Anonymous
Unregistered

And in closing, I just want to say that I had a great time doing the formation crashing practice with my fellow cess-patrol types, I (or my son) were online about 9 hours Sunday, even got to the point where we could take-off about half the time.

------------------
cess air: "where not only the flying stinks"

Top Bookmark and Share
#992843 - 01/21/02 09:29 AM Re: Any Cesspoolers here?
Para_Bellum Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeBobShaw:
[QUOTE]Right then, time to make an executive decision lads. I propose the following:

Squadron Title: Cess Patrol

Official Squadron Motto: "When the only thing keeping you aloft is your own hot air!"

Personal Motto: Up to you.

My reasons are:

Cess Patrol kinda sounds like CessPool and has a nice, Dawn Patrol flavor to it. It also fits nicely with our Squadron Prefix of "CESS".

The motto ... is just right, let's face it.

The personal motto is up to you and can be used and or changed in your sig line at will.

SO ... unless someone wants to (a) come up with something better OR (b) has violent objection to the above, let's just be done with it and use this. THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE!

Cess-JoeBob

You're not serious about that JoeBob are you? That's the best we can do?
We're doomed...
Hey, if I were just a little bit creative I easily could do sooo much better. Really...
I could create a squadron logo so marvellous and great everybody would tip their hat.
Maybe I even could manage to survive head-on passes. Or talk on RW and keep airborne at the same time.
But that's a different story.

OK, guess I'll be contend with what I get.
I hereby officially state my agreement to the aforementioned points.
As if anyone cares, I know, don't tell me...

And yes, I admit I was flying around with Rune, Roborat and Geier for some time and managed to get shot down a few times. Did I hit something? Sure, the limits of my capabilities...

[This message has been edited by Para_Bellum (edited 01-21-2002).]

JG5_JaRa about Nussschnaps

Top Bookmark and Share
#992844 - 01/21/02 04:02 PM Re: Any Cesspoolers here?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would call your attention to the email from our own Cess-Mace in which he displayed a stunning creativity (especially for those of us who know him and suspected that his artistic ability was pretty much limited to pencil, ruler and tongue nearly severed by clenched teeth). Nice job Mace and thanks for the work on behalf of the squadron.

I got online a bit yesterday only to discover that I can spin in with a Yak 3 as WELL as a P-39 at low altitude. It's nice to know that my skills are consistent. I would like to apologize to virtually everyone who got a shot at me ... none of them shot me down but I DID die so they can take some comfort in that.

I'm still trying to figure out why the P-39, which is a lovely plane at altitude, behaves like a pregnant sow upon taking off and is cold meat for anything (including a Fiesler Storch with SMG out the window) that catches it taking off.

I'm messing about with the IL-2 Dynamic Campaign Generator to see if it can create some good co-op missions for us to play. The downside of the co-ops, of course, is that other players can't join once the game is launched but the MISSION involved would be a nice change of pace from the furballs that online Dogfights usually degenerate into.

Finally (and the crowd goes wild), today is a holiday in the good old USofA and I EXPECT to see some CessPoolers online for a change. Don't forget to use Lorak's RW channel to make contact. I will admit to wondering if Lorak had forgotten to password it yesterday when I got on only to hear two kids chatting back and forth ... turned out they were Roborat's and Rune's but it did give me a turn for a moment.

Yours in a nasty terminal spin,
Cess-JoeBob

------------------
Cess Patrol: When the only thing keeping you aloft is your own hot air!

Top Bookmark and Share
#992845 - 01/21/02 05:12 PM Re: Any Cesspoolers here?
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are fast approaching 300 posts on this thread. I think we all know what can happen beyond that number.

So I started a new thread called "Cess Patrol: Put your walking shoes on:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/Forum35/HTML/007826.html

Please move along before the authorities arrive....

------------------

Got Vodka?

Top Bookmark and Share

#992846 - 01/21/02 08:03 PM Re: Any Cesspoolers here?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wankers

Top Bookmark and Share
#992847 - 01/21/02 08:16 PM Re: Any Cesspoolers here?
‍Ajax Offline
Bigfoot

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 30 of 30 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.