Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » I'm flying!
Topic Options
Hop to:
#973861 - 03/12/02 08:00 AM I'm flying!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm flying!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Stuka (edited 03-12-2002).]

Top Bookmark and Share
#973862 - 03/12/02 05:08 PM Re: I'm flying!
Willem Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Congrats Stuka!

I wish I could join you real-life pilots, but since I’m thinking of buying a new house, my finances won’t let me

Cheers, Willem.

Top Bookmark and Share

#973863 - 03/12/02 05:18 PM Re: I'm flying!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stuka, tell me after your first flight did you feel like a god ? I remember when I flew for the first time with my friend's piper I had strange sensation of being some form of higher being

Peter

Top Bookmark and Share
#973864 - 03/12/02 06:02 PM Re: I'm flying!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually that was my second flight, but the first one lasted approximately 15-20 minutes and I was like "What!? Was this all?" ( and I never even touched the controls!)Then I got this urgency to get another change to fly. And finally after 3 months of suffering I was back in the air. This thing is like drug And the bloody flight took almost 2 hours! The scenery was superb! We even flew over our house. That was really nice When the pilot asked me to take over the controls my face was sparkling like this and I felt that I was something big . Then we did some basic turns, navigation and some tight turns. Those were great. The G forces were hard eventhough the force was... let's say 1-2 G's maybe less but anyhow it felt awesome. Maybe someday I'll be a real civilian aviator

------------------

Top Bookmark and Share
#973865 - 03/12/02 06:15 PM Re: I'm flying!
Anonymous
Unregistered

And I almost forgot. We made a touch and go in Räyskälä ( if I remember right). So that's not the Malmi airfield

Malmi Airfield

------------------

Top Bookmark and Share
#973866 - 03/12/02 07:08 PM Re: I'm flying!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't have a license but my friend told me how to handle the plane (1972 Piper - 4 seats) and I was pretty much doing all the flying (he did some corrections did from time to time) except with help in take off and landing. It was an amazing feeling, scary how the side winds and turbulence affected the flight path of the plane. I felt exhausted after the flight (2 hours) but I felt really special, amazing feeling really. I would get a pilot license but without a plane it's pretty much useless for me.

Peter

PS: My secret wish is to have my own 109 but that's a huge fantasy

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.