Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Control - scroll wheels - will they work?
Topic Options
Hop to:
#891365 - 09/07/01 09:28 PM Control - scroll wheels - will they work?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

I'have just bought a trackball with the intention of using it as a 'left hand' part of my HOTAS system (the other part is a Logitech Interceptor). The device has three buttons and two auxillary wheels which the supplied driver utilises as scroll devices amongst other possibilities.

I discovered to my dismay that the demo version of Il-2 input interface doesn't seem to care about those two wheels (I'd like to use one as throttle the other one for trim control).

Does any enlightened person know if versions later tha the "leaked demo" recognize scroll wheels or should I chuck the ruddy thing?

Cheers

Top Bookmark and Share
#891366 - 09/08/01 05:50 AM Re: Control - scroll wheels - will they work?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doesnt seem too.

Scroll wheels would be the thing for trim now wouldnt they? Too bad.

Top Bookmark and Share

#891367 - 09/08/01 07:33 AM Re: Control - scroll wheels - will they work?
Anonymous
Unregistered

They do.

Look under HOTAS setup, your version will probably only recognize the first one, and may only see it scroll halfway up.

------------------

If your in range- so is the enemy!

[This message has been edited by Sorrow (edited 09-08-2001).]

Top Bookmark and Share
#891368 - 09/08/01 10:59 AM Re: Control - scroll wheels - will they work?
Anonymous
Unregistered

By 'HOTAS setup' you mean the section acessible from HARDWARE SETUP/INPUT/HOTAS CONTROL?

It seems to be exactly the same screen as that accessible by selecting simply CONTROL from the main menu as it doesn't do anything more than it. The scroll wheels dont work with any suitable "analogue" controls like pitch trim, throttle, rudder, aileron etc.

The scroll wheels can be set up to emulate M$ Intellimouse, ie. only one recognized.

I have an analogue throttle on my Logitech Interceptor and I can assign it (U axis) to a chosen input control in the HOTAS setup so it's not me doing something wrong. Too bad I can't use my old (and the best!) 'keyboard bypass' throttle unit with the Interceptor, the damn thing has a kind of digital data rely from the U axis and unfortunately the pots in the stick and the throttle are of different values so I cannot hotwire the stuff

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.