Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Help my Strike fighters is really dark
Topic Options
Hop to:
#636711 - 05/03/04 06:48 PM Help my Strike fighters is really dark
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a coplete nob when it comes to computers.Only on strike fighters this happens but the game is so dark that I can barly see anything.My monitor settings are ok(i think) and I can't find a way to adjust the brightness in the game itself.Anyone else have this or know how i can fix it?thank you.

Top Bookmark and Share
#636712 - 05/03/04 06:59 PM Re: Help my Strike fighters is really dark
MajorLee Offline

Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
I think there is a gamma setting within the game configuration area....

Top Bookmark and Share

#636713 - 05/03/04 07:26 PM Re: Help my Strike fighters is really dark
Anonymous
Unregistered

well I feel even more like a moron because I can't seem to find anything like a game configuration settings area.I find nothing in the options menue at all that seems to help. I'm so lost either thru ignorance or stupidity lol.

Top Bookmark and Share
#636714 - 05/04/04 11:57 PM Re: Help my Strike fighters is really dark
maususer Offline

Loc: Detroit
I haven't found any ingame gamma adjustments (course I haven't flown SFP1 much except the past few days). Go to your display control panel>settings and there will hopefully be a way to adjust 3d gamma there (check if it has a color tab...there should be setting for desktop and "3d"). Both ATI and Nvidia have had these options for several driver versions.

Top Bookmark and Share
#636715 - 05/05/04 12:14 AM Re: Help my Strike fighters is really dark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks all.No real solution yet but fiddleing around with the settings has made things a little better just everytime i go online or shutdown I have to redo everything or it becomes dark again.I think this computer is just about done which sucks because I just got it in January.

Top Bookmark and Share
#636716 - 05/06/04 05:41 AM Re: Help my Strike fighters is really dark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heh, don't despair, the solution should be rather simple. Try upping your gamma settings on your computer. To do this:

1. Click Start then Control panel
2. In control panel double click display or apperance and themes depending on which is present.
3. If you had apperance and themes then now click display. if you clicked display already then disregard this step.
4. The box that pops up should be called display properties.
Now if using an ATI card click on the color tab. You should find a slider marked gamma. If using another card you should find a similar slider for gamma somewhere in the settings. Just hunt around.

If using a non-ati card you could try this program called gammapanel although it does not work with ATI cards with drivers higher than 4.3 (it will not damage them either):
http://www.stars.benchmark.pl/files/gapa.zip

Top Bookmark and Share
#636717 - 05/06/04 06:11 AM Re: Help my Strike fighters is really dark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its an ATI Issue

Since Catalyst 3.x Came Out they For some reason had everything darkened..

This is Something I noticed and asked about.. but i never got a replay from ATI..

I Manually Turned the Brightness up in the Direct3d Tab,

Another thing is the Video Tuner Drivers seem to not tuner properly... the video has static lines on the overlays... Its not the hardware for i've tested the connections and the drivers... they dont seem to care because its on the video's overscan

But Yeah, My Screen Is Dark..

If I Take a Screen Shot of What Appears to Be a 100% Black Screen with exception to AB Fire or Lights... and look at it on my brothers PC which uses a GF4 MX 440, it looks Fine.. I Can see the plane the horizon etc..

Top Bookmark and Share

#636718 - 05/06/04 06:12 AM Re: Help my Strike fighters is really dark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Goodjob55:
Heh, don't despair, the solution should be rather simple. Try upping your gamma settings on your computer. To do this:

1. Click Start then Control panel
2. In control panel double click display or apperance and themes depending on which is present.
3. If you had apperance and themes then now click display. if you clicked display already then disregard this step.
4. The box that pops up should be called display properties.
Now if using an ATI card click on the color tab. You should find a slider marked gamma. If using another card you should find a similar slider for gamma somewhere in the settings. Just hunt around.

If using a non-ati card you could try this program called gammapanel although it does not work with ATI cards with drivers higher than 4.3 (it will not damage them either):
http://www.stars.benchmark.pl/files/gapa.zip
It Would Be Easier to Just Right Click on the Desktop and goto Properties...

Top Bookmark and Share
#636719 - 05/06/04 07:35 PM Re: Help my Strike fighters is really dark
Anonymous
Unregistered

yah, I know. Was just afraid that perhaps he might click on an icon instead.

Top Bookmark and Share
#636720 - 05/06/04 07:53 PM Re: Help my Strike fighters is really dark
Anonymous
Unregistered

well I got the brightness maxed and the gamma almost maxed and no joy but as strikefighters closes after i hit escape it momentarily gets nice and bright.go figure.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.