Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » F-15 At My Site
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#622586 - 02/05/04 04:54 AM Re: F-15 At My Site
Gramps Offline

Thanks Buff, by all means make an announcement on a new thread!

BTW, 2068 now! It's like watching a tele-thon! \:D

Gramps

Top Bookmark and Share
#622587 - 02/05/04 08:25 AM Re: F-15 At My Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

D.O. Called Me as Soon as It Came Out While i was At School, Its Great, he Also Mentioned A Few things left to fix and the F-5e v.6 will be out, But He'll Need Mirrors.

I'm Just Glad He Came Over to My PC and Loaded Photoshop Finally So I Can Take a Stab a some SKins.

Top Bookmark and Share

#622588 - 02/05/04 05:18 PM Re: F-15 At My Site
pcpilot Offline

Loc: a pine tree far, far away...
Hi Gramps, Thought I would repost my comments in the thread about the release of the F-15 since it seemed to get lost in a lot of OT stuff that came after it. I was wondering if you and your team are aware of this problem.

[QOUTE]Finally got home last nite and downloaded the model and installed it without problems. Took the bird out for a spin and knocked down 5 MiGs! An ace on the first eagle flight. The roll rate needed some getting used to, but still managed to down last kill with cannon. My wingman got one before he took a 32mm in the tailpipe. Very fun, even had the RWR start singing a couple times.

One significant problem I noticed...Right after I started the mission, I noticed the framerate would go up and down a LOT. I happen to switch to an outside view to admire my handling of this attractive beastie and I noticed textures flashing on and off. Id roll the view around the aircraft up and down or side to side and the view would show the odd texture flashing white then back to its normal appearnace. Tried to get a screen but it was flashing too quickly, didnt catch one. Everytime it started flashing, the framerates would go down, ie; plummet. Not seen this anomoly on another bird, thought you should know.

My system is an AMD 1800+ on a gigabyte MoBo with an Nvidia chipset and 512mb PC-2700 RAM. I have a Radeon 8500 with 64mb DDR and a SB-Live X-gamer. I use WinMe os, DX9a, cat 3.10. Thought Id mention this in case you needed the info.

Hope this bird gets made LoMan compatable. Would be a nice thing to have for the community. Loman will assuredly become a good compatability standard for modders and skinners, and a MAJOR helpful utility for gamers espesially considering the plethora of addons out there and the time consuming difficulty of adding them in one at a time and then making them all work together. Most certainly once its usefulness becomes more apparent methinks [/QOUTE]

I just took the whole post. I flew again last nite after I got home and the first mission I flew was with the Eagle and it did it again, flashing textures and dropping the framerates. Funny thing is, after awhile in mission, it would quit. Not sure if its my comp and/or video card or the model. Just wanted you to know as a sort of heads up. Very nice model, lots of fun to fly.

Here's ascreenie I was able to get lastnite. The flashing is rather fast so it wasnt easy, my timing sucks. If I pan the view, the flashing texture follows the view, it doesnt just stay in one place.

Anyone else report this problem?
"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

Top Bookmark and Share
#622589 - 02/05/04 11:14 PM Re: F-15 At My Site
Gramps Offline

Haven't seen any flashing problem, although I think we're all Nividia users on the beta team so maybe it's the Radeon card? Anyone else having problems?

Gramps

Top Bookmark and Share
#622590 - 02/05/04 11:20 PM Re: F-15 At My Site
Eric2020 Offline

Loc: Netherlands
i have radeon 9800 SE but no problems

Top Bookmark and Share
#622591 - 02/05/04 11:29 PM Re: F-15 At My Site
Gramps Offline

Eric, you heard of anyone having these problems?

Top Bookmark and Share
#622592 - 02/06/04 02:58 AM Re: F-15 At My Site
pcpilot Offline

Loc: a pine tree far, far away...
It may very well be my video card. Ive got the cat 3.10 drivers. May go to the very latest just to see if it still happens. It seems IIRC that this is usually a video card issue, but oddly enough Ive not seen the framerate drop or flashing in other a/c. I dunno...mystery of the month, lol.

Anyway, thanks for looking into it. By the way, last nite got into a major broohaha with a number of MiG-21s, maybe 10 (!). Managed to take out 2 BVR, then one with a heater. Was tryin to gun another that passed in front when someone lit my eagles' tail feathers with an alkali. Didnt think to snatch a screen, but it was something watchin my bird go down in a flat spin frying, lol. Cool plane, love it.
"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

Top Bookmark and Share

#622593 - 02/06/04 03:42 AM Re: F-15 At My Site
CatsEyes Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia
It's a lovely model. Thanks Gramps and folks.

But I do think the roll rate is exaggerated in the FM.

Yes, I know that's already been the subject of heated debate in another thread, but I think it does need to be said again. In the best constructive spirit.

Cheers.

Top Bookmark and Share
#622594 - 02/06/04 08:39 PM Re: F-15 At My Site
Falcon Six Two Offline

Loc: PRNJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Gramps:
Haven't seen any flashing problem, although I think we're all Nividia users on the beta team so maybe it's the Radeon card? Anyone else having problems?

Gramps
Huh? I'm using ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 32MB and no probs here.

Top Bookmark and Share
#622595 - 02/07/04 09:13 AM Re: F-15 At My Site
CatsEyes Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia
I'm temporarily using a Radeon 7000 64mb while I wait for a replacement for my GeForce. No flashing at all. (Workable framerates, too, to my surprise.)

You may want to fiddle with your settings for Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering. Try setting them both to 'application preference'.

No thoughts on the roll rate, Gramps? I was expecting to get eaten!

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.