Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2504457 - 04/29/08 02:44 PM Re: Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii [Re: Lewis-A2A]
graves_09 Offline

Loc: Minnesota, USA
I can't comment on the PS or xbox except to say that the games avaiable seem more realistic/mature than the Wii games. With that said the Wii has some pretty good games too. Its biggest draw is that traditional non gamers can pick up a controller and play. my wife hates regular video games but loves the Wii. I have played Wii with everyone from ages 6-86. It is really easy to use and fun at parties. Plus it comes with sports games included (baseball, tennis, golf, boxing, bowling, and some others i can't remember. it is by no means MLB 08, type sports. cartoon graphics, simply hitting and pitching etc. but that is part of the appeal to some. if you want more realistic graphics and playing you have to buy other games. in that case a PS or Xbox might be a better bet.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2504472 - 04/29/08 03:03 PM Re: Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii [Re: graves_09]
Rilex Offline

Loc: Washington
I have a Wii, haven't used 360/PS3.

To wit, there are some awesome 3rd party games, it just depends on what you like. Okami is WONDERFUL and really works with the Wii controller (PS2 also has this game, but using a dual shock to "paint" doesn't sound great). My wife loves the Sims games, of course.

But I agree that some of the best quality games are from Nintendo. Mario Kart is currently in the mail along with an extra wheel (both my wife and myself really liked earlier versions of MK).

Also, the Virtual Console really adds a lot of game play for relatively cheap. For instance, we've picked up the older Mario/Sonic games, I also picked up Sim City which was a lot of fun. You can certainly turn on the nolstalga faucet with the Wii.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2504506 - 04/29/08 03:43 PM Re: Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii [Re: Rilex]
joe_stallin Offline

Loc: Torontario
I always suggest the 360.

Blu Ray may be nice, but it doesn't change the gaming experience, and I much prefer the movie downloads. You can watch them instantly, and they are cheaper, and available in HD.

I find the variety of games to be better, I know there are the major exclusives to each console, but I enjoy titles like Forza2, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Ace Combat 6. Oh yeah, and Worms \:\)

Also, I love the whole Gamertag thing. You can see mine at: http://profile.mygamercard.net/kerpal+cz
The score and achievements give me something to play for, so I feel like I accomplish something every time I play.

I would argue that the 360 is more of a gaming system, whereas the PS3 is multimedia oriented.

I know I'm going to get flamed for saying this, but I find that when discussing the PS3, it's always it 'can' do this, it 'will' do that, such and such is about to be released... With the 360 everything is in place, and it works.

XBL Gamertag: Kerpal_CZ

Top Bookmark and Share
#2504532 - 04/29/08 04:17 PM Re: Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii [Re: joe_stallin]
Daveyraveygravey Offline

Loc: Sunny Sussex
Another vote for the Wii here, I think it is unique. Plus the Wii Fit is awesome. It is a bit more kiddy friendly, but games are a lot more fun when there are 3 or 4 of you in the room, taking turns, playing each other.

If you've got a good pc, I don't see what the Xbox or PS3 give you that is extra, but the Wii is a whole different experience.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2504764 - 04/29/08 10:02 PM Re: Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii [Re: Daveyraveygravey]
Silver Fox Offline

Loc: Columbia, MD, USA
I agree that the WII seems great for the kids & adults. The games are a bit cheesy, but fun no less. It looks like, to me at least that you can't go wrong with either PS or Xbox for the better quality game play.

The pc games seem to be a step above the game console. The best part of the game console is being able to play 4 at a time for good family/friends time.

Thanks for all the great feedback. It truely has helped me and yet I am still undecided. I guess that price will play a role in this competition.

SF

Top Bookmark and Share
#2504796 - 04/29/08 11:07 PM Re: Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii [Re: joe_stallin]
Spidey Offline

Loc: Jersey Yo
 Originally Posted By: joe_stallin

Blu Ray may be nice, but it doesn't change the gaming experience, and I much prefer the movie downloads. You can watch them instantly, and they are cheaper, and available in HD.

Only someone who doesn't know what a HD movie is would claim that 360s have HD movies available for download.

The quality of HD downloads from the 360 store are horrible. I get better quality watching a standard DVD upconverted than the supposedly "HD downloads" from the 360 store.

Not to mention you have 24 hours to watch it once you start. As opposed to netflix or blockbuster that you can rent and watch for however long you like. And you can rent a true HD movie. Not the fake HD stuff that 360 video store has.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2504804 - 04/29/08 11:16 PM Re: Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii [Re: Spidey]
Spidey Offline

Loc: Jersey Yo

Top Bookmark and Share

#2504805 - 04/29/08 11:20 PM Re: Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii [Re: Silver Fox]
ForSquirrels Offline

Loc: Hokie Nation
I got a Wii. It is fun to just get together with a couple of friends and bowl or play Mario Kart (you will enjoy it Rilex...I got it yesterday). Console gaming to me is a little more casual so I don't really care if the games look cartoony or the graphics are dated. They are fun. The only thing I have noticed is that my friends and I all tend to live in smaller places and everywhere we have played the wii seems to be a little crowded for 4 people trying to swing remotes around. I will probably end up with another console for college football/GTA4 in the fall, but until then I am happy with my Wii. Right now if I want to play something more serious or realistic I hop onto my computer.

Airpower Over Hampton Roads 2008

Top Bookmark and Share
#2505164 - 04/30/08 02:28 PM Re: Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii [Re: Spidey]
joe_stallin Offline

Loc: Torontario
 Originally Posted By: Spidey
 Originally Posted By: joe_stallin

Only someone who doesn't know what a HD movie is would claim that 360s have HD movies available for download.

The quality of HD downloads from the 360 store are horrible. I get better quality watching a standard DVD upconverted than the supposedly "HD downloads" from the 360 store.

Not to mention you have 24 hours to watch it once you start. As opposed to netflix or blockbuster that you can rent and watch for however long you like. And you can rent a true HD movie. Not the fake HD stuff that 360 video store has.

You raise a valid point, however please don't claim I don't know what an HD movie is. You have a nasty habit of being arrogant in your posts.

I am perfectly happy with the content on XBL, The HD stuff looks great to me. Definately looks better than an upconverted DVD when I watch HD downloads. It's a good fit for me, I don't like renting movies from the store, because I never know what is there, what isn't there. Purchasing outright just gets too expensive.

Maybe I should give Netflix a try, if it would work with frontrow on my Mac would be a big bonus.

XBL Gamertag: Kerpal_CZ

Top Bookmark and Share
#2505342 - 04/30/08 07:02 PM Re: Which Game System PS, Xbox or Wii [Re: joe_stallin]
HardTale Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Not much of a console player myself but we got the Wii for our daughter and I must admit it has turned out to be a nice family console. The game selection is way to thin if you're not into anything Mario related. Also the lack of a HDD hurts when it comes to DLC (ie. Rock Band, etc).

If I was to buy one for myself I would go with the PS3 due to some of the things already mention and the fact it probably will have a longer lifespan the 360.

You can still buy new PS2 titles but the original Xbox is a dead platform. I have no doubt that MS will drop the 360 just as quick.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.