Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » NFL Draft - doesn't anyone care?????
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2503277 - 04/27/08 08:36 PM Re: NFL Draft - doesn't anyone care????? [Re: Spidey]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
I think fantasy football has made both the fans and team management a little too backfield-minded. You can have the best backs and receivers in the game, but if you have no blocking, or if your defensive line can't penetrate, then you are diminishing your potential.

A great offensive line can make any QB look good. A great defensive line can nullify a great QB.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2503281 - 04/27/08 08:39 PM Re: NFL Draft - doesn't anyone care????? [Re: Spidey]
Destructis Offline

Loc: Maryland
I have to agree with Spidey. Long time Skins fan, but taking two WR and a TE in the second round means they were smoking dope in the draft room. They really needed a DE or a widebody on the D Line. I think Devin Thomas is the going to be the mistake. I also think that Malcolm Kelly reminds me of Jerry Rice coming out. He has good burst off the line and runs a crisp pattern. I don't know anything about the TE.

I think it was a good job taking Brooks as the punter also. The kid has a canon leg.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2503285 - 04/27/08 08:41 PM Re: NFL Draft - doesn't anyone care????? [Re: piper]
Destructis Offline

Originally Posted By: piper
Frakkin dolphins....they took the wrong Long, then took a QB that froze when playing a tough defense (Ohio State).

Was hoping for better from the tuna.

I disagree, I think he just made them a contender the year after this one.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2503295 - 04/27/08 09:04 PM Re: NFL Draft - doesn't anyone care????? [Re: Destructis]
piper Offline

Loc: Raleigh,NC
Destructis, what drugs ya doing? I want some...

Been a Phins fan since 1978.....I've seen the worst (David Woodley), missed the best (undefeated season), saw Marino play..sweet.

Hinnie...no.

Why do you say that? I'm really curious.

ps, and spidey, I pity you. your team just went west coast...like gay.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2503301 - 04/27/08 09:13 PM Re: NFL Draft - doesn't anyone care????? [Re: Eaglesman]
piper Offline

Loc: Raleigh,NC
 Originally Posted By: Eaglesman
Skins just got Colt Brennen, good job.

I think that's an excellent job! Eagles always seem to get good talent. Tough division though.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2503434 - 04/28/08 02:00 AM Re: NFL Draft - doesn't anyone care????? [Re: piper]
Destructis Offline

Originally Posted By: piper
Destructis, what drugs ya doing? I want some...

Been a Phins fan since 1978.....I've seen the worst (David Woodley), missed the best (undefeated season), saw Marino play..sweet.

Hinnie...no.

Why do you say that? I'm really curious.

ps, and spidey, I pity you. your team just went west coast...like gay.

Ronnie Brown is a good running back. A solid ground game can win in the NFL. Every great NFL team had two things, a good line and a good defense. Parcels had to start somewhere. The head coach was an offensive line coach so Long is going to get some good coaching. He's big, strong and smart. Only had two penalties called on him and only gave up one sack. That tells me he is a disciplined player. He knows his role and follows it. Also if you saw the tape on his sack, the QB moved to far up into the pocket so he was as much to blame for it as Long was. Parcel has always built the running game first and passed based off of that. I am a long time Skins fan, so that makes me NOT a Parcels fan, but I respect him. The guy knows his stuff. His second round pick was Merling so he should be able to put some pressure on the passer. I think Henne might be a decent QB, but I think he should have taken Brohm instead. I think Brohm is going to be the best QB out of this class. He doesn't have the arm that the others have, but he is a smart QB and they seem to find a way to win. The only reason he fell so far in the draft was because Louisvilles D sucked goat balls and he was always playing catch up.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2503464 - 04/28/08 03:14 AM Re: NFL Draft - doesn't anyone care????? [Re: Destructis]
Eaglesman Offline

Loc: Roanoke Rapids, NC
The Eagles had a fairly good draft, I didn't have any problems with any of the picks except the third round. I just wish we wouldn't constantly draft d lineman to throw into the grinder. I like Deshaun Jackson if only for banishing Reno Mahe to football hell.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2503469 - 04/28/08 03:23 AM Re: NFL Draft - doesn't anyone care????? [Re: piper]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Well, the Dolphins can only improve at this point.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.