Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » One Last Shift......
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2502790 - 04/27/08 01:29 AM Re: One Last Shift...... [Re: guod]
shan2 Offline

Loc: Maryland, USA
Congrats, man!

I've gotta ask, since you're so close to it... Why not finish out your 20 and get the pension?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2502791 - 04/27/08 01:29 AM Re: One Last Shift...... [Re: guod]
arthur666 Offline

Loc: Chapel Hill, NC
Best of luck and thanks for the service.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2502878 - 04/27/08 05:11 AM Re: One Last Shift...... [Re: SimHQ Tom Cofield]
USAFMTL Offline
Lifer

Loc: WPAFB, Dayton, Oh
 Originally Posted By: SimHQ Tom Cofield
Wow, 16.5 years? Gotta be rough going reserve at that point. Is there an AGR or Active reserve job you could pull for the next 3.5 years so you can get your blue card before 62?

Just curious. I know I did a similar thing, resigning my comission after 12.5 years. Some people shook their heads when I did it but at least to me it was the right decision. As it is I probably will accept an Air Force Reserve Comission probably later this year anyway. I have 20 years now (counting reserve time) but want that pension to be for a LTC, not a Captain. That is a bigger Winnebago payment.

Good luck with everything. Let us know how you like civilian life. It is different. If you have any questions let me know.

Not rough at all, I haven't lived with my family since Dec 2005, what would you do? I am going to do 2 UTA's a month and once my twins start school I will be in a ART slot. I win all around.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2502925 - 04/27/08 08:18 AM Re: One Last Shift...... [Re: USAFMTL]
Moses Offline

Loc: Tulsa, Ok, USA
God Speed Dave im really sorry i wasnt able to get over and meet ya bud. Glad to hear your gonna be back with your family.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2502928 - 04/27/08 08:34 AM Re: One Last Shift...... [Re: Moses]
BeachAV8R Offline
Aviation & Air Combat Co-Editor
Lifer

Loc: Charlotte, NC USA
You're not allowed to leave. Who the hell else is going to be up at these wee hours of the night dude??!

Sigh.

Oh well...best of luck man..and thank-you for your service and dedication. Things won't be the same around here at uh...4:34 in the morning.. \:D ;\)

BeachAV8R

Top Bookmark and Share
#2502935 - 04/27/08 09:13 AM Re: One Last Shift...... [Re: USAFMTL]
SimHQ Tom Cofield Offline

Loc: Olympia, Washington
 Originally Posted By: USAFMTL
 Originally Posted By: SimHQ Tom Cofield
Wow, 16.5 years? Gotta be rough going reserve at that point. Is there an AGR or Active reserve job you could pull for the next 3.5 years so you can get your blue card before 62?

Just curious. I know I did a similar thing, resigning my comission after 12.5 years. Some people shook their heads when I did it but at least to me it was the right decision. As it is I probably will accept an Air Force Reserve Comission probably later this year anyway. I have 20 years now (counting reserve time) but want that pension to be for a LTC, not a Captain. That is a bigger Winnebago payment.

Good luck with everything. Let us know how you like civilian life. It is different. If you have any questions let me know.

Not rough at all, I haven't lived with my family since Dec 2005, what would you do? I am going to do 2 UTA's a month and once my twins start school I will be in a ART slot. I win all around.

Oh trust me, I remember it quite well. Korea, Iraq, away to various schools in my last five years. I missed roughly half of my son's life before he was the age of six. That was a big part of why I resigned my commission.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2502977 - 04/27/08 12:58 PM Re: One Last Shift...... [Re: SimHQ Tom Cofield]
20mm Offline

Forums Manager
Lifer

Loc: Tucson AZ
Wow, congratulations!

First, thank you for your service to America. Second, all the best in what is to come. Third, and most important, enjoy your family. They and you deserve it.
Forever United States Army Ranger.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2503004 - 04/27/08 01:55 PM Re: One Last Shift...... [Re: 20mm]
Sir Crashesalot Offline

Loc: St. Louis
I did 10.5 years and called it quits completely. I was tired of the garbage that goes along with Flighline work. Plus as a national guard techician I didn't want to work on planes until I was 55. That's young man's work, and I wasn't getting any younger. I abused myself pretty good in my twenties, the thirties were gonna hurt. So I took a job with Boeing instead.
Good luck to ya USAFMTL

Top Bookmark and Share
#2503167 - 04/27/08 06:41 PM Re: One Last Shift...... [Re: Sir Crashesalot]
semmern Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Congrats Dave, and thanks for your service!

-Jack Aubrey

Top Bookmark and Share
#2503172 - 04/27/08 06:45 PM Re: One Last Shift...... [Re: USAFMTL]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
Thank you for your active service and for sharing with us. Sounds like you deserve a nice high paying job with little effort.

You could always become a senator. ;\)
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.