Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2498731 - 04/21/08 08:43 PM Re: Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV [Re: Sim]
NoUseForAName Offline

Loc: Oregon a.k.a. Northern Califor...
wow thats sweet! but what does it mean? is russia just trying to flex their power again; or are they trying to hide something? kind of weird why they would should down a UAV during peace time.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2498734 - 04/21/08 08:46 PM Re: Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV [Re: NoUseForAName]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
 Originally Posted By: NoUseForAName
kind of weird why they would should down a UAV during peace time.

Maybe the UAV strayed over Russian airspace? I dont know if that's been confirmed yet though.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2498735 - 04/21/08 08:46 PM Re: Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV [Re: NoUseForAName]
Airdrop01 Offline

Loc: Lenexa, Kansas, USA
Russian government = Al Capone and gang with nuclear weapons.

Edited by Airdrop01 (04/21/08 08:47 PM)

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Ditat Deus.

http://www.mattlammers.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#2498740 - 04/21/08 08:54 PM Re: Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV [Re: Airdrop01]
Sim Offline

Loc: Chino, CA, USA
"...It was doing basic reconnaissance over Georgian territory" LOL What the sh$#?

Georgia does not recognize independence of Abhazia ....just FYI since people already doing standard "Evil Stalinist Russian Pigs (tm)"

Top Bookmark and Share
#2498745 - 04/21/08 09:02 PM Re: Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV [Re: Sim]
Airdrop01 Offline

Well, I know something of it, have a close friend from Georgia and one from Odessa and speak Russian with 25 hours of it and a minor in it.

I know Russia has had troops in that region since just after the wall fell, and has essentially acted as instigators with separatists in the region, which is a part of Georgia, not Russia. They have a hard time with Georgia wanting to join NATO, and have a very difficult time letting go of the former USSR republics/territories in general.

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Ditat Deus.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2498748 - 04/21/08 09:07 PM Re: Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV [Re: Airdrop01]
Sim Offline

Loc: Chino, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
Well, I know something of it, have a close friend from Georgia and one from Odessa and speak Russian with 25 hours of it and a minor in it.

I know Russia has had troops in that region since just after the wall fell, and has essentially acted as instigators with separatists in the region, which is a part of Georgia, not Russia. They have a hard time with Georgia wanting to join NATO, and have a very difficult time letting go of the former USSR republics/territories in general.

so let me get this straight....Russia still has force in Georgia (LOL) and
Independence in Kosovo is ok, but for Abhasia it isn't?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2498758 - 04/21/08 09:32 PM Re: Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV [Re: Sim]
Razman23 Offline

So how much did that missle cost compared to the UAV?

I wonder if maybe a little cannon fire might be a little more feasible. LOL

Top Bookmark and Share

#2498763 - 04/21/08 09:40 PM Re: Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV [Re: Sim]
Airdrop01 Offline

Originally Posted By: Sim

so let me get this straight....Russia still has force in Georgia (LOL)

Yes, and I don't know anyone who disputes it. More recently....

http://en.rian.ru/world/20080324/102100613.html

http://english.sina.com/world/1/2008/0324/151755.html

There are literally decades worth of documentation of it.

Either way, the video is cool from a purely entertainment point of view.....

Edited by Airdrop01 (04/21/08 09:43 PM)

Ditat Deus.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2498766 - 04/21/08 09:47 PM Re: Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV [Re: Razman23]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
 Originally Posted By: Razman23

I wonder if maybe a little cannon fire might be a little more feasible. LOL

Excellent point. The UAV cant fire back so you'd think that would have been a golden opportunity for that MiG pilot to practice his air to air gunnery with the neato helmet-mounted sight. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2498772 - 04/21/08 09:54 PM Re: Russian MiG 29 shoots down Georgian UAV [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Guderian Offline

Loc: People's Republic of Sweden
Some UAVs are armed! Better not take any chances.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.