Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 74 of 76 < 1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2394859 - 12/06/07 12:08 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: LukeFF]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
Didn't he hit something like .222 last season??? I watched him strike out FIVE times in a game against the Red Sox this year. He looked awful. He had a horrible season and is now making 18 million per season. Woah.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2394873 - 12/06/07 12:53 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
They agreed to a sick deal for him, I think he's more than washed up.

On a good note, sounds like the Twins aren't happy with the Sox proposal and have walked away from the Santana deal. Sure Santana would offer a better oportunity to win the series again, but they did win it w/out him last year....
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share

#2394910 - 12/06/07 01:39 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Santana would definitely be a nice addition to the Sox rotation but the Sox pitching as it stands now is plenty good already.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2395023 - 12/06/07 03:10 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
MLB.com is saying Jones played '07 with a secret elbow injury, thus the 222 BA. At 36 million for 2 seasons, sounds like a bargain either way... ;\)

The thing I like about the moves the Dodgers are making though is that now the networks might actually end up broadcasting some NL West games to the east coast. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2395053 - 12/06/07 03:35 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
MrDalgof Offline

And the Rockies look like they're trying really hard to keep last year's team together. The exception being Matsui who went to Huston. I was surprised by that though since Kaz only had last season to look at as a comeback season after his disaster with the Mets. I figured he'd stay put with what worked for him. But Colorado has a lot of options at 2nd base so it was a good move for Colorado to let him go.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2395164 - 12/06/07 06:05 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
I was surprised by the Matsui move too, but he probably figured his value may not be higher. I don't quite understand the Mets deal/no deal with Torrealba. They agreed, but never agreed etc.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2395226 - 12/06/07 07:05 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
MrDalgof Offline

I don't know what happened with the Mets and Torrealba either. I'm glad he's staying though. You didn't get to see it in the Series, but he handles pitchers and call games behind the plate really well. He does a great job setting up hitters for whatever the situation calls for. Rockies pitchers don't have to shake him off too often, and for young pitchers like Jimenez and Morales he's like having a pitching coach on the field.

His BIG weakness is his arm. He has a really low success rate for throwing out base runners.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2400183 - 12/13/07 02:55 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
Mitchell Report at around Noon:

Dum...Da...Dum...Dum. Dum...Da...Dum...Dum...DAAA!!!

"This is a true story, some names have been named to protect the innocent."

Top Bookmark and Share
#2400197 - 12/13/07 03:34 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
MrDalgof Offline

One response to the report I'm really interested in will be from the Player's Union.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2400277 - 12/13/07 05:40 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
Veritek and Clemens and Petitte named so far. Yikes!

Correction!!!

What I heard initially on the radio was NOT correct. Jason Veritek is NOT on the list. But some former Sox players are listed such as Mo Vaughn and I heard Trot Nixon and Johnny Damon were mentioned as well but not sure how "official" those names are. I'm sure they'll be confirmed one way or the other soon.

It's only a matter of time before the entire report is available on the net. But, according to the guys I'm listening to on the radio (WEEI) there is not a "list" in the report per se. You have to read through it and get the names and the "evidence" that times them to use of performance enhancing drugs.

Edited by Leeman (12/13/07 07:58 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 74 of 76 < 1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.