Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Finding the ground target
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2481246 - 03/28/08 06:38 PM Finding the ground target
Cas141 Offline

Loc: Northern hemisphere
Returning to Strikefighters, I realize why i enjoyed this sim.
But I now find an old problem.

1.How to find the primary target on hard settings? It seems it isn't possible- that i have to have the settings which give me a darned great red triangle.?

2.I remember I managed to get to a point where the red triangle was reduced to a red dot, the size of which was what i chose by tweaking something.

Can anyone enlighten me how to do 1 or 2 or both -please

thanks

Top Bookmark and Share
#2481732 - 03/29/08 12:40 PM Re: Finding the ground target [Re: Cas141]
MigBuster Offline

Loc: UK
1. You need a big high res monitor and a track ir 4 with zoom ideally for hard HUD to hit AAA - then use the e key and padlock with F4.

If your primary tarket is a bridge or warehouse, or fuel tank - then just follow the waypoints exactly using the HSI - you will still see it

2. you need to alter the huddata.ini - that goes in the flight folder - so you would have to extract it from one of the .cats in there

Top Bookmark and Share

#2482460 - 03/30/08 02:04 PM Re: Finding the ground target [Re: MigBuster]
swambast Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Hi Cas,

I think I can help...I'm assuming you know how to extract the HUDDATA.ini file from the FLIGHT Cats. Once you do that, open the HUDDATA.ini file, and change your values to the following:

[Display001]
DisplayType=DIRECTOR
ObjectType=TARGET_ENEMY
ConeSize=1 <---------------Change this line from WOV default of 25 down to 3 (or even lower, value of 1 will basically give you the dot - I use 3 because I'm on a widescreen and it's better for me)
BoxSize=3 <---------------Change the line from WOV default of 10 down to 3 (or even lower)
BoxType=SQUARE
BoxColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,0.75
ConeModelName=redcone

You can then make these changes to the respective other areas within the HUDDATA.ini file, for example, you may want to make the same changes to the friendly targets, so scroll on down and find these section of the file and make additional changes if desired.

[Display002]
DisplayType=DIRECTOR
ObjectType=TARGET_FRIENDLY
etc.

If you still need help or would like a copy of my modified HUDDATA.ini file, then Private Message me and I'll send it your way, it really does keep the immersion while still making it possible to find your target. Hope this helps!

MSI 865PE, P4 NW@3.65Ghz NW, 2GB Ballistix@430Mhz, BFG GF6800GT, OCZ 600w Pwrstream, Raptor 10K-36GB, Kingwin Arctic Water-Cooling, Tsunami Dream case, Hitachi 51F59 51" DP-TV, Creative SB X-Fi, Saitek X52, CH Rudder Peds, TrackIR 3

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.