Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Questions about WOI
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2479685 - 03/26/08 06:55 PM Questions about WOI
PinchVF-124 Offline

Loc: So. Ca. Anaheim
I bought SFP1 way back when, and loved it! I'm going to get WOI but I have a couple questions for you guys. Your answers wont have any effect on me purchasing TKs latest installment to the Wings series.
TK and company seem to stand behind and support their product in a way rarely seen these days. And he gets my money on that alone. Plus 30 bucks? Cant even take your lady out to the movies for that amount. And I know I'll get more then 2 hours of enjoyment from WOI.

Co-Op : Most of my online time is spent with a few friends playing CO-OP games. (ARMA, GRAW, LOCKON, rFactor etc)

There was Co-Op in SFP1 but if I remember correctly, You couldn't start off from the ground or in the same squad or airport. Has this changed at all in the WINGS series?

Multiplayer mission creation. Is it possible?

TrackIR : Is there 6dof?

Like I said, the answers I get wont discourage me from buying it. TK deserves the support and he'll get it from me. Just looking for some definite answers if you'd be so kind.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Top Bookmark and Share
#2479719 - 03/26/08 07:44 PM Re: Questions about WOI [Re: PinchVF-124]
FastCargo Offline

Don't know about the TrackIR (I haven't used mine yet) but as far as the other issues...

WOI really hasn't changed anything in terms of the multiplayer aspects.

There is still basic dogfight...

And co-op now allows you to be in the same 'flight'...but other than that, there haven't been any other changes.

FastCargo

Top Bookmark and Share

#2479897 - 03/26/08 11:43 PM Re: Questions about WOI [Re: FastCargo]
BUFF Offline

Loc: Glasgow, Scotland
I believe that TrackIR on Third Wire sims is more like 5DOF, I'm sure that 1 isn't implemented but the rest is pretty good (I'm still on lowly old TrackIR2).

www.CombatACE.com SF P1/WOV/WOE/First Eagles flunky

abit forums

Top Bookmark and Share
#2480116 - 03/27/08 07:01 AM Re: Questions about WOI [Re: BUFF]
omegaFlak Offline

Loc: Pensacola, FL
I use Trackir4 and the Roll axis is certainly not supported. Also, it seems that you can only move very slightly in the X and Y directions, but they're definitely there. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of a particular cockpit or a limitation imposed by the game itself.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2480417 - 03/27/08 06:47 PM Re: Questions about WOI [Re: omegaFlak]
PinchVF-124 Offline

Loc: So. Ca. Anaheim
Thanks for the answers guys I really appreciate it! One more question.

Any word on TK patching the series to work with Vista. I've read a little about turning off some shader commands to get it working on Vista, just curious if he's mentioned it.

Bill

Top Bookmark and Share
#2480513 - 03/27/08 09:57 PM Re: Questions about WOI [Re: PinchVF-124]
MigBuster Offline

Loc: UK
 Originally Posted By: PinchVF-124
Thanks for the answers guys I really appreciate it! One more question.

Any word on TK patching the series to work with Vista. I've read a little about turning off some shader commands to get it working on Vista, just curious if he's mentioned it.

Bill

Yes currently you have to turn off a few things for it to work - but TK has put on his site that actual Vista versions will be available in the future.

Theres a lot of underlying changes that need to be made though - so may take a while

Top Bookmark and Share
#2480515 - 03/27/08 09:59 PM Re: Questions about WOI [Re: omegaFlak]
MigBuster Offline

Loc: UK
 Originally Posted By: omegaFlak
I use Trackir4 and the Roll axis is certainly not supported. Also, it seems that you can only move very slightly in the X and Y directions, but they're definitely there. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of a particular cockpit or a limitation imposed by the game itself.

You need to alter some parameters in viewlist.ini to get less restrictive head movement.

think there is a post at thirdwires site with a config you could try

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.