Forum Archives » Complete » EAW » Deteriorated pilotmap lovingly restored.
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2478346 - 03/25/08 04:42 AM Deteriorated pilotmap lovingly restored.
VonBeerhofen Offline

Loc: Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Going through my cellar for storing ancient artefacts I came across this old EAW pilot map:

before cleaning

Not knowing what I would come across or if this would at all work, I started cleaning and restoring it. To my surprise this full screen map had all the latest added AFB villages and ponds on it and turned out to be accurate to within a single EAW tile. I mean it really shows your position accurately within the EAW world whereas the default maps give you no idea about your position and you find yourself to be 20 miles or more off target. Ofcourse the map was addapted by our pilots as it's a great help in navigating to our targets and for finding homebase again (which is currently pretty hard as we're now taking off from meadows and fields which were hastily addapted for take off).

after cleaning and restoring:

A no AFB version including tilemap, elevation map and terrain object file is currently in progress and may be released around this weekend.

VonBeerhofen

Top Bookmark and Share
#2478409 - 03/25/08 07:14 AM Re: Deteriorated pilotmap lovingly restored. [Re: VonBeerhofen]
rwatson Offline

Loc: Cambridge,Ohio
VB
Nice work,,,Maybe I won't be getting lost so much.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2478428 - 03/25/08 07:48 AM Re: Deteriorated pilotmap lovingly restored. [Re: rwatson]
VonBeerhofen Offline

Loc: Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Hang in there Russ,

it's kind of busy right now but I'm preparing special dowloads for you and a few others of what we're doing right now.
Things change allmost weekly but I'll try to send you an easy package to see where we're going.
Sorry for not talking to you but we've had a few members in dire situations which needed adressing to. I'll write to you asap I promise.
My excuse for letting you down a bit but it's becoming really hectic here. I just hope you can mannage to login again.

VonBeerhofen

Top Bookmark and Share
#2478825 - 03/25/08 08:00 PM Re: Deteriorated pilotmap lovingly restored. [Re: VonBeerhofen]
Stratos Offline

Loc: Amposta Spain
VB nice work you're doing here. A real pity I can't use yor work \:\(

http://www.sandbaggereaw.com/stratos.html

Top Bookmark and Share
#2479337 - 03/26/08 10:16 AM Re: Deteriorated pilotmap lovingly restored. [Re: Stratos]
LLv34_Doc_1 Offline

Loc: France
Nice and interesting... Will wait the release...

Top Bookmark and Share
#2480545 - 03/27/08 10:42 PM Re: Deteriorated pilotmap lovingly restored. [Re: LLv34_Doc_1]
rwatson Offline

Loc: Cambridge,Ohio
Vb
no explainations needed pass ny reguards onto my mates and hope to see you soon.Still is a damn fine map

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.