Forum Archives » Complete » EAW » Do we all have
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2472371 - 03/18/08 02:07 AM Re: Do we all have [Re: Skylark]
VonBeerhofen Offline

Loc: Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
You can only see it in external view when flying low and panning around. The walls and roofs briefly disappear just like the forrest models. If you're not really searching for it you might not see it.

VonBeerhofen

Top Bookmark and Share
#2472528 - 03/18/08 10:23 AM Re: Do we all have [Re: VonBeerhofen]
Pobs Offline

Loc: North Wales, UK
You guys are trying to tell me that VB and me are the only ones who see bits of houses disappear when they shouldn't ?????? .... I have seen this effect on every machine I have ever played EAW on here.... I spent a long time trying to fix this for the SAW buildings .. AND NONE OF YOU EVEN SEE IT !!!!!!!!!! aaarrrrgggghhhhhhhh............ sob, sob....

EAW is a wonderful game !!...

cheers,

Pobs

Top Bookmark and Share

#2472658 - 03/18/08 02:33 PM Re: Do we all have [Re: Pobs]
Col. Gibbon Offline

Loc: Fleet, Hampshire, England.
 Originally Posted By: Pobs
You guys are trying to tell me that VB and me are the only ones who see bits of houses disappear when they shouldn't ?????? .... I have seen this effect on every machine I have ever played EAW on here.... I spent a long time trying to fix this for the SAW buildings .. AND NONE OF YOU EVEN SEE IT !!!!!!!!!! aaarrrrgggghhhhhhhh............ sob, sob....

EAW is a wonderful game !!...

cheers,

Pobs

Maybe, not everyone goes looking for the odd flickering element. If they did, there would be complaints about almost every 3dz in the game.

At home, with my loving wife Kasia and children, Thomas, Jessica & little Nicola. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2472916 - 03/18/08 07:22 PM Re: Do we all have [Re: Col. Gibbon]
VonBeerhofen Offline

right, who cares when wingelements or fuselages suddenly show gaping holes with the sun shining through eh, I've seen hundreds of those so nothing abnormal there, lol.
Glad someone is on the job of finding solutions. Keep at it Pobs it does make a huge difference.

VonBeerhofen

Top Bookmark and Share
#2473001 - 03/18/08 09:07 PM Re: Do we all have [Re: VonBeerhofen]
Col. Gibbon Offline

Loc: Fleet, Hampshire, England.
 Originally Posted By: VonBeerhofen
right, who cares when wingelements or fuselages suddenly show gaping holes with the sun shining through eh, I've seen hundreds of those so nothing abnormal there, lol.
Glad someone is on the job of finding solutions. Keep at it Pobs it does make a huge difference.

VonBeerhofen

VB.

The point is, your point about the buildings is nit picking. All your trying to do is find a problem to fix, so you can take the honors, for fixing a problem most people have never seen. Can't you see how pathetic that is?

Most of the EAW 3dz's have some minor problems, with RS, or Normals, as all the models, up to recently were twisted out of existing EAW/PAW/Gunship models. Even with the new tools, we still can't get 100% results with the more complicated models, and these have to be budged in the old way, to get rid of the minor glitches.

That is just life with EAW. \:\)

Of course, if and when we revamp the 3D engine code, and implement the Z-Buffer, then Normals and RS, will become obsolete, and the way of building models will be much closer to 3DS, than 3DZ.

Go on then, lets have one of those famous 15 page replies, which bore everyone to tears.

At home, with my loving wife Kasia and children, Thomas, Jessica & little Nicola. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2473137 - 03/18/08 11:56 PM Re: Do we all have [Re: Col. Gibbon]
VonBeerhofen Offline

Never heard so much B/S Col.,

And all this for pointing out a common problem in the game and offering a solution.
I fly interdictions a lot and currently the convoys are placed in towns and cities. As such I see the problem more often then people who don't fly 8 hours a day like we do or only go flying to check their creations.
The problem was really annoying as it happens on almost every roof and outside wall of the 3DZ and in London I see it every second or so.
It may be life with EAW as you know it but I'm sure you can find your own solution to it, or can you. But your appearent lack of interest in the problem won't stop me from curing problems when I see em because it's what I love doing and what I believe may improve this game.
3DS eh? ROFL. Well that would make me the only one working on something for which around 10.000 addons were created, sure hope you can find someone who'll be willing to create 3DS models for you, there aren't many around with that knowledge but if you need help with em just let me know.
Good luck, hehehe.

VonBeerhofen

Top Bookmark and Share
#2473484 - 03/19/08 12:00 PM Re: Do we all have [Re: Pobs]
vonOben Offline

Loc: Skane, Sweden
I also have that problem \:\)

Cheers

“Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.” /Johann Gottfried Seume

vonOben\'s Flight Sim Mods

EAW Newbie Tutorial

Finnish Air War

Top Bookmark and Share

#2473493 - 03/19/08 12:18 PM Re: Do we all have [Re: vonOben]
MrJelly Offline

Loc: Adelaide, South Australia
 Quote:

...for pointing out a common problem in the game and offering a solution.

I can see where you pointed out the problem, but I cannot see where you offered a solution.

;\) Jel

It's great to be of an age at which I do not have to suffer fools gladly \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2473527 - 03/19/08 01:01 PM Re: Do we all have [Re: VonBeerhofen]
sydbod Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
 Quote:
3DS eh? ROFL. Well that would make me the only one working on something for which around 10.000 addons were created, sure hope you can find someone who'll be willing to create 3DS models for you, there aren't many around with that knowledge but if you need help with em just let me know.
Good luck, hehehe.

Hi VBH,

Now don't be so cynical. Col.Gibbon is correct in what he is suggesting.

Look at it this way.
The Z buffer code gets implemented into the EAW game engine.
The 3DZ files stay exactly the same as they have always been.
The normals and the BSP tree tables from the 3DZ files just do not get used (no longer required), so they are there just to keep backwards compatibility (file structure wise) with all the previous additions that have been created for EAW.
All old additions will work (any that are currently flaky will now no longer be flaky), as well as, all new additions will no longer have to be made BSP tree compliant in their construction.

I would think it is a very elegant solution.

Regards sydbod \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2473761 - 03/19/08 05:10 PM Re: Do we all have [Re: sydbod]
VonBeerhofen Offline

The Col. only came out of hibernation to spew his poison in my thread again. I only was asking a question to the public.

Quote:
All your trying to do is find a problem to fix, so you can take the honors, for fixing a problem most people have never seen. Can't you see how pathetic that is?

I told the guy multiple times to stay out of my threads if he hasn't anything positive to contribute but appearently he's not only deaf but blind also.

Sydbod, I'm sure you are a great help to the Col. for solving his 3DS solution whereas you are implementing the Z buffer code. Do either of you have a clue what you're talking about? I sure hope you have some extra programming help from a real programmer.

VonBeerhofen

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.