Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Question about AI in WOI vs WOE
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2470057 - 03/14/08 07:15 PM Re: Question about AI in WOI vs WOE [Re: jimbib]
IceManHG Offline

Loc: San Diego
 Originally Posted By: jimbib
You understand that TK doesn't have tucks of money to fritter away on pointless eye candy like flicking a switch with your mouse?

Oh wait, cos what I'm gonna do that when flying in my F-16 is pick up a mouse and flick a switch with it.

Next.

Same can be said about using a keyboard for everything. Just like a real F-16 right? For me at least, having a clickable pit increases the immersion I feel when flying the sim. But I guess for you thats pointless eye candy.

Edited by IceManHG (03/14/08 07:22 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2470060 - 03/14/08 07:20 PM Re: Question about AI in WOI vs WOE [Re: MigBuster]
IceManHG Offline

Loc: San Diego
 Quote:

the F-16 was conceived as a simple guns and Sidewinders dogfighter which is how its portrayed and is at the right level in WOI. The Block 5 and 10 are miles away from the blocks portrayed in F4 anyway.

I will agree with that. I do enjoy flying the F-16A at the technological level it was designed to be in the first place.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2470089 - 03/14/08 08:15 PM Re: Question about AI in WOI vs WOE [Re: IceManHG]
tflash Offline

Loc: Belgium
He guys, on the AI, its seems there are very interesting modding capabilities, addressing much of the concerns expressed heer. look at this thread at TK's site:

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5178

Top Bookmark and Share
#2470090 - 03/14/08 08:16 PM Re: Question about AI in WOI vs WOE [Re: IceManHG]
Toonsis Offline

Loc: Orange County, New York
Ok, back to "Question about AI in WOI vs WOE"

Top Bookmark and Share
#2470092 - 03/14/08 08:18 PM Re: Question about AI in WOI vs WOE [Re: Toonsis]
tflash Offline

Loc: Belgium
Our posts must have crossed ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2471291 - 03/16/08 09:30 PM Re: Question about AI in WOI vs WOE [Re: IceManHG]
jimbib Offline

Originally Posted By: IceManHG

Same can be said about using a keyboard for everything. Just like a real F-16 right? For me at least, having a clickable pit increases the immersion I feel when flying the sim. But I guess for you thats pointless eye candy.

Not really, I can use a HOTAS setup with pedals and multi-functional-displays to control everything instead if I choose to. For the cockpit mouse clicking, it doesn't change in terms of the input, thus why it's kind of there just for show.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.