Topic Options
Hop to:
#2469397 - 03/13/08 11:10 PM To punish and enslave
       +G      Offline

Top Bookmark and Share
#2469401 - 03/13/08 11:14 PM Re: To punish and enslave [Re:        +G     ]
ForSquirrels Offline

Loc: Hokie Nation
Why wouldn't it work up north? Laws or just people wouldn't stand for it? So long as it doesn't violate the law I don't see a problem with it. People would be a lot less likely to speed and or tailgate around him.

Airpower Over Hampton Roads 2008

Top Bookmark and Share

#2469406 - 03/13/08 11:17 PM Re: To punish and enslave [Re: ForSquirrels]
       +G      Offline

I believe that you can't run fake or real red/blue lights on top of any vehicle up here in NS.
Not sure if they'd complain about the colours. They may. I'll ask.

Amber lights on the roof are certainly fine, butonly if you're a service vehicle (plow/tow truck).

Top Bookmark and Share
#2469424 - 03/13/08 11:46 PM Re: To punish and enslave [Re:        +G     ]
Jayhawk Offline

Loc: Munich, the deep south
That would never fly here as well. Last year someone rebuilt an American State Trooper patrol car, he and his buddy got US Police uniforms (complete with baton and "Smokey Bear"), and they began to "patrol" main street. They were so obviously not like German police, but still they got a warning (the real police officers were good sports though and didn't file charges - for unauthorized assumption of authority??).

Edited by Jayhawk (03/13/08 11:47 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2469434 - 03/14/08 12:05 AM Re: To punish and enslave [Re: Jayhawk]
No105_Archie Offline

Loc: St. John's , NF, Canada
One of our local taxi companies painted ALL their cabs in the same colour scheme as the local police cars. From a distance they look very much alike and the taxi sign on top can easily be mistaken for a light bar. The company said they did it because there were so few cop cars patrolling the streets \:\) The local cops like it because they figure "every little bit helps"

http://dingersquadron.homestead.com

carpe diem

Top Bookmark and Share
#2469438 - 03/14/08 12:11 AM Re: To punish and enslave [Re: No105_Archie]
Speedo Offline

Loc: NC USA
Would never fly here. There are already enough people telling their wives & daughters not to pull over for a cop until they call the police to verify that it really is a cop behind them.
MSI GF8800GT 512MB
Creative X-Fi
2x Samsung SATA2 80Gb striped
Seasonic 600W PSU

Top Bookmark and Share
#2469459 - 03/14/08 12:29 AM Re: To punish and enslave [Re: Speedo]
speedbump Offline

Loc: Anchorage
The potential for abuse there is pretty high. I would not appreciate someone running around in a cop car that is not a cop. I doubt that is going to go on for too long. Next thing you know some guy will be painting his van up like an ambulance.

http://www.razzledazzleart.com

Top Bookmark and Share

#2469540 - 03/14/08 02:52 AM Re: To punish and enslave [Re: speedbump]
Goodwood Offline
Lifer

Loc: Detroit - in the Danger Zone!
 Originally Posted By: speedbump
The potential for abuse there is pretty high. I would not appreciate someone running around in a cop car that is not a cop. I doubt that is going to go on for too long. Next thing you know some guy will be painting his van up like an ambulance.

There's a locksmith in my neighborhood who's got his truck painted up in ambulance-esque style (looks like it used to be one, in fact), and I almost always do a double-take when it happens to present itself. \:\)

Do-ro'ik vong pratte!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2469632 - 03/14/08 08:56 AM Re: To punish and enslave [Re: Goodwood]
Freycinet Offline

Of course it should be illegal to have your car look even remotely like a police car... - Crazy.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2469656 - 03/14/08 10:27 AM Re: To punish and enslave [Re: Freycinet]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
I used to drive a retired police vehicle and people on the road would slow down and move over for me all the time. If it was ok for the police to sell me that car with only the decals removed, then I don't see a huge problem with this.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.